Birthday Recommendations - Paris

Old Jan 25th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birthday Recommendations - Paris

Hello, my wife and I will be in Paris for 5 days. One of those days will be my wife's 30th birthday. I am looking for something special we could do on that day. I am not looking to go to a michelin restaurant and spend hundreds of dollars on a dinner, but instead something unique or different. For example, I heard of this restaurant Les Papilles, where the chef cooks a different 3-course meal everyday. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you.
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 02:47 PM

You'll find lots of information on that restaurant online. It's a hard reservation to get, and supposedly very good, but you have to eat what they're making that day. No menu to choose from.

What other sorts of things does your wife like? Perhaps get tickets for something: a show or performance. Maybe a special art exhibit or a sporting event.

If you want to see my thread with several recommendations for food blogs and a couple of restaurants, click on my screen name. It's for Paris, of course.

What about a daytrip, or a food tour or wine or cheese tasting?

I commend you for wanting to do something special for her birthday.
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 02:57 PM

Is it just restaurant recommendations that you're looking for? Because if the scope is wider than that ,the Official Paris Tourist Office website will give you countless ideas on what you can do while you're there.

For a low-key but memorable dining experience, take the RER to Chatou and walk out to the Ile des Impressionistes and have lunch at La Maison Fournaise. You can google it.
Old Jan 26th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuscanlifeedit
You'll find lots of information on that restaurant online. It's a hard reservation to get, and supposedly very good, but you have to eat what they're making that day. No menu to choose from.

What other sorts of things does your wife like? Perhaps get tickets for something: a show or performance. Maybe a special art exhibit or a sporting event.

If you want to see my thread with several recommendations for food blogs and a couple of restaurants, click on my screen name. It's for Paris, of course.

What about a daytrip, or a food tour or wine or cheese tasting?

I commend you for wanting to do something special for her birthday.
Thanks for the info. Ill def check out your profile for those blogs
Old Jan 26th, 2019, 12:06 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StCirq
Is it just restaurant recommendations that you're looking for? Because if the scope is wider than that ,the Official Paris Tourist Office website will give you countless ideas on what you can do while you're there.

For a low-key but memorable dining experience, take the RER to Chatou and walk out to the Ile des Impressionistes and have lunch at La Maison Fournaise. You can google it.
No. Not just restaurants. Ill check out that website and goodle what you talked about. Thanks for the info
Old Jan 26th, 2019, 04:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about seeing Paris from a balloon?

https://www.ballondeparis.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...de_France.html

Will they allow you to bring champagne?

Last edited by AJPeabody; Jan 26th, 2019 at 04:09 AM. Reason: fix link
Old Jan 26th, 2019, 06:01 AM

To dine in a setting fit for a Queen -- one from the 1800s, at that -- you could consider Le Train Bleu, in the Gare de Lyon. It's vast rather than intimate, and the cooking is competent standard French at somewhat inflated prices. But the decor is a feast for the eyes., celebrating the excesses of Paris's imperial epochs. A meal will run in the 70-euro range unless you are really thirsty for wine. It's worth paying a little extra for the cheese platter. https://www.le-train-bleu.com/fr/
Old Jan 26th, 2019, 07:58 AM

We had a great time at Les Papilles and can highly recommend it. We do, however, like to eat almost everything.
Old Jan 26th, 2019, 09:36 AM

How about Jules Verne restaurant near top of Eiffel Tower?