Biggest Beds in London?

Search

Biggest Beds in London?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggest Beds in London?

OK, aside from all the smart, snide comments I can HEAR in your heads... <BR><BR>Looking for the biggest beds in London hotels/B&amp;Bs. Preferably in a 3, 4 or 5*/diamond notel, near a tube stop... even better if they have nice decor (something other than minimalist Hotel 6 decor)<BR><BR>
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 03:01 PM

The Thistle Bloomsbury has queen-sized beds. The closest tube stop is Holburn, but there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel. The decor is Edwardian and its a 4 star hotel. There are plenty of bistros and cafes in the area, the hotel is around the corner from the British Museum, and the hotel is also in walking distance to Theatreland, Covent Garden, Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 08:29 AM

No snideness here. The Cranley mentions some king sized beds and according to the hotel they are four poster ones, which you were inquiring about on this forum a few months ago.<BR>The decor shown on the web site looks very nice.<BR>www.thecranley.com
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 08:45 AM

All of the Marriotts offer king size beds. A room can be obtained from Marriott County Hall (right across from Parliament) for 105 GBP (159 USD) per night if you reserve early and pay in advance.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Mia

And the Thistle Victoria??,Thanks...
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 10:21 AM

To save dissapointment, I would advise you telephone the hotels and get the dimensions of their beds since normally:<BR><BR>US Kingsize = UK Super-King<BR>US Queensize = UK King Size<BR><BR><BR>
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

So what is the American equivalent of an UK Queen? <BR><BR>Seriously, though, I realize the UK versions of beds are smaller, this is why I'm asking. My husband is 6'4&quot; and I'm 5'10&quot;... we don't like breaking beds, this is, after all, our honeymoon <BR><BR>Once I narrow my choices down, I will be contacting the hotels themselves. I was just looking for some good suggestions from my ever-so-experienced fellow posters DD<BR><BR>Thanks! I'll look forward to more suggestions.<BR><BR>
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 03:18 AM

After all these years in Ireland I only figured out this week the comparison to U.S. sized bed. I am pulling my hair out trying to furnish my place and ordred a 5 foot bed.....Apparently this is &quot;King Sized&quot; in Ireland none of my fitted sheets will fit (they are double 4&quot;6inch) and to add to my misery The bed happens to be weird and need a 5 foot 3 inch mattress. So I need to Buy Super King sheets that won't fit. Super King I believe is a 6 foot bed much like the King sized bed in the states. Anyone living in Europe know where I can get 5&quot;3inch fitted sheets in the UK/Ireland or anywhere over here?? <BR><BR>I would call the hotel and Request the biggest bed or a superking bed!