Search

Bidet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Tonette

Bidet

Just wondering what one does when using a bidet, or a turkish Toilet, when you may not have the leg strength to hold your position? These can be terrible for older people.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 09:30 AM
To: Tonette of the toilette

Sit in the bidet. But if you don't like it, don't use it.<BR><BR>The turkish toilet is indeed a problem. Try to find another toilet. If that effort fails, then wear skirts rather than pants, take your underpants off before using the thing, and try to stand comfortably.<BR><BR>wouldn't there be some better place to ask this question, though--like maybe ask your friends?d

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 09:32 AM
traveler

Maybe you're not doing it right. The first time I used a squat toilet I was trying to sit in mid air, very uncomfortable. Then I realized you have to squat right down which I suppose was the natural way before any kind of toilet existed.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 11:15 AM
traveler

Using a turkish toilet while standing and holding your underwear in one hand? Now that could be challenging!

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Sarah

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Turkish toilet?

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Statia

Sarah:<BR><BR>If I'm not mistaken...it's a "standing toilet" where you have foot pads and a hole in the ground. I was quite taken aback the first time I ran across one myself. They can be a bit complicated for women, depending on what you are wearing.<BR>

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 01:27 PM
brownie

I think the trick is to make sure that your lower garmets are at your ankles and then you just squat - with your rear end over the rim. It probably does take some getting use to but it's the "cleanest" toilet around -- apart from your feet, no other part of you comes in contact with it. <BR><BR>About the bidet - you sit on that, and position the tap "spot on"

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 01:28 PM
brownie

Oh, and watch for the coins and other items in your pocket when using those turkish toilets - if you only pull them down to your knees.<BR><BR>