Search

beware danger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beware danger

lads please be aware of the dangerous girlie bars in budapest you will be done for all your money by the thugs that work in the bars they will totally over charge you by hundreds of pounds for drinks to the girls please go to the list of clubs that are on the america embassy list of clubs which the america goverment have listed why havent are goverment got one you have been warned
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 02:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They've stolen your punctuation too.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 02:54 AM

Good one, Schuler!

Ich liebe Deinen Humor.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Original Poster

im sure people can understand my english or even better go to the american embassy website all about the dangerous clubs that operate with the blessing of the local police who are in on it
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 03:28 AM

You used to get a lot of these clubs in London as well. It's a nasty (and can be dangerous) experience if you get conned by one.

Simple rule: stay away from girlie bars!
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 03:29 AM

It's nice of you to warn people, horses. But I think this happens in all capital cities - it certainly does in London. Caveat emptor.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 03:37 AM

I know (from reading, not from personal experience) that such things happen in Budapest and in several other cities.

It's no harm that people be alerted, although I think most participants in this particular forum are unlikely to need the advice.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 09:49 AM

This is not a budapest issue. This is a naivete issue.

Every big city has these bars - and rubes who are simple enough to think that these incrdibly attractive women who are urging them to buy all these drinks (while they get iced tea)really want to spend the evening with Joe Schmo instead of someone wealthy, handsome and wiling to give lovely presents.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 09:55 AM

I lived in Budapest for a little while and it wasn't just girlie bars where this happened. It was clubs, bars, discos...

I guess a good rule of thumb is, if she looks to good to be true, get the heck out of there.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 10:14 AM

nona1 has the ONLY logical answer to this problem - stay away from the places. If one does not go into such dives one will not get into trouble.

Pretty simple actually.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM

On a Russian Riverway cruise some of the male passengers wanted to see what a club was like, one of them was taken for a lot of money (I can't remember how much) by a pretty girl who set him up. His wife was on board the ship watching folk dancing! He was flattered by her and thought he could buy her a few drinks and then leave. The men from the cruise noticed that she was sent over to them by a group of men but this tourist thought he was chosen by the girl because he was so special. Yes, he was special, he must have had rube written on his forehead.

It was a bit amusing in a dark sadistic way for the rest of us passengers to watch the couple's interactions with each other after that.

I learned the whole story from another man in their group. I have heard the same about Budapest too. Be careful, guys!
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM

unfortunate that the river cruise boat ddn't have a "shrink" on board. If the guy in question would have stopped in for a head exam before clubbing, none of this might have happened....the doc would have certified him "nuts" and had him confined to his cabin...

Schuler...loved you comment...LOL

Stu T.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 01:01 PM

It rquires not just that the guys be careful, but that they have some realistic view of just how attractive they are to gloriusly attractive members of the oposite sex (if you're not rich and famous and able to get them a modeling contract - they want your cash).
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM

Actually at that point in time we did have body guards from the ship with us at all times. The guard with them was hitting on a girl from the ship and didn't notice that one of his charges was getting hit upon by a beautiful chick. It was quite the scandal but like I said, sort of amusing.

How are you going to keep him down on the farm after he has been selected by a young beauty in a Russian nightclub?
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Schuler und traveller1959,
Ich auch!
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 01:47 PM

nytraveler wrote: "It rquires not just that the guys be careful, but that they have some realistic view of just how attractive they are to gloriusly attractive members of the oposite sex"

That's what saved me, then.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:50 PM

She smiled and said “Dahlinck, if you by me trinck i love you long time.”
Love at first sight? I thought.
I said “No Darling, Ladies First, will you buy me one?”
It was not.
I have the scratchmarks to prove it.
But what a stimulus package!
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM

Oh please, if you're this naive, don't travel....or don't bitch about it when you get taken by a scam. Everyone knows there are bars in every city in the world where this stuff happens. How dumb do you have to be to get caught up in this? Pretty dumb.
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Somone also posted this week on Tripadvisor about being 'taken' for 100 euro in a Pigalle bar.
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 02:37 AM

EVERYONE is naive until they wise up. Nobody comes out of the womb knowing these things.
So warnings are appropriate, the more the better.
Or are people who get their pockets picked too "dumb" to travel too??
This crime relies on people being too ashamed to report it - you can see why given the lack of sympathy on this board.
The really "naive" ones are those who dont understand this.
A crime is a crime. The profits finance prostitution and hard drugs.Who is really being naive here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -