Reload this Page >

Best Western Paris

Search

Best Western Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Nik

Best Western Paris

We are staying for 2 days at Best Western Le Jardin de Cluny( Left Bank) next month. This Board has been great for planning our trip to London and Paris. If anyone can share info about this Hotel. Thanks for the Help.<BR><BR>Nik

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Pat

We stayed at the Best Western Eiffel Park Hotel (7th district) between Oct 5 and Oct 15 and it was a good hotel.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Fred

Good location near the Sorbonne. Here's what a bunch of people who stayed there had to say about it:<BR>Jardin de Cluny Best Western-<BR>rooms are small, but modern<BR>small hotel on a small street<BR>near Sorbonne <BR>good location, modern and nice rooms<BR>It was very nice<BR>on a quiet street in a good location and friendly service<BR>not at all like a chain hotel<BR>Not expensive and adequate rooms<BR>modern and nice rooms<BR>Very pleasant staff<BR>All around a great experience<BR>For more Paris information go to www.anamericaninparis.com

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:33 PM
nanaz

I've booked the BW Etoile St. Honore in Dec... has anyone stayed there? Feedback is appreciated.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Susan

Have twice stayed at the Best Western Jardin de Cluny. Be sure to ask for a room in the back (larger &amp; nicer than in the front). It's a great location!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Mary Susan

Have not stayed at that Best Western, but one caveat based on my experience at a BW in the 6th last year. Our room was advertised on the BW website has being a &quot;suite&quot;. You can probably guess the rest. It was so tiny and un-suitelike that we were changed, after much insistance and copy of the email confirmation, in to another room that was at least habitable for two unrelated people, but hardly a suite. Back in the US (I got nowhere with the French there) when I tried to complain to BW I was told, after many phone calls, that if the hotel tells them it is a castle with prince charming in it, that is what they advertise. In the end they gave me some BW hotel certificates, but I would take the descriptions of the rooms and amenities with a cautious attitude unless you actually talk to the hotel. I had confirmed, by phone, with BW in the US before I left that I was booking a suite, but obviously that means nothing if they just take the word of the foreign hotel that has signed onto their franchise.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Christina

I stayed there once and didn't care for it, but I had a single room so others are probably better. The staff was very nice and helpful and it was a convenient location, but noisy from their own staff at night (as I had a room on the interior with an inner open area where the staff banged things around a lot until quite late). I would not recommend you book an interior room from my experience. My room was dark and had little ventilation and was noisy, but that's typical of singles. <BR><BR>Best Western hotels are independent so what one did in the 6th doesn't have anything to do with any other one, which is also why the parent office just said they list whatever the hotel tells them. BW hotels are franchisees in the US, also. It's just a marketing consortium, that's all. I'm sure if they got a million complaints on quality, they might kick one out, but you are dealing with the particular hotel you booked.