Notices

Best websites for Rome hotels?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Lola

Best websites for Rome hotels?

I want to reserve (not pay in full before the trip) my hotel in Rome. Which site is reputable, fair and good-priced? I have heard bad things about romeby.com. Can someone advise me?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Rex

www.venere.com is the Cadillac - - for window-shopping, making inquiries, making reservations or cancellations.

I have used them often.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Lola

Rex, I have been offered a better price on romeby.com. Is the site legit?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:16 AM
elaine

Lola
Rex is one of the experts on venere.it, but I will mention that I have never found one website anywhere that has the lowest rates all the time. And so far I have found every time that if I contact the hotel directly and ask them to match the rate I found on another website, the hotel has agreed to honor that rate. I prefer dealing directly with the hotel whenever I can so that from the beginning I am THEIR customer.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Sara

Check out www.itwg.com for good prices. This is the Italian Web Guide. Once I decided on my hotel I did a search by the name of the hotel and city only on a search engine. MSN.Com or Google. It was amazing the difference in prices.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Rex

I agree with every statement above, and Elaine is absolutely right that no web site has the best price or the best selection all the time.

Watch out for booking fees or cancellation fees on www.romeby.com

I have used ITWG once or twice. Got dinged by them once on a reservation I forgot to cancel. My fault not theirs.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 01:32 PM
bec

Try www.hotels4less.com