Reload this Page >

Best time to see Prague

Search

Best time to see Prague

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 09:21 AM
smile

Best time to see Prague

Can anyone tell me the best time of year to go to Prague? ---> we are looking for the weather to be in the mid to high 20's, and for it not to be too busy. Is May/June suitable? Thanks!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Belinda

smile:<BR>Just avoid the major public holidays in Europe like Assumption Weekend (May 29-June 1, 2003) and the Whitsuntide (Pentecote) Weekend (June 7-9). <BR>Prague will be packed then, just like all major cities in Europe.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Christina

Prague has a very famous International Music Festival in May every year (classical) and it is packed. The weather can be nice or not, you never know, but it shouldn't be too hot. Even though there are a lot of people there for that, it's probably not as crowded with tourists as July/Aug, I'll bet -- so, you just have to make sure you make hotel reservations well in advance if you plan to go during that festival (which is about May 12th to June 3rd every year). Also, if you want tickets to those events, you also much reserve them months ahead of time.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:37 AM
jen

Go in September or October...less tourist and the weather is beautiful. You will be able cross the Charles Bridge virtually alone. In the late spring/summer- you can barely get across due to the number of tourists.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:21 PM
nancy

Just don't go now, since they have enormous waterproblems now. They are even evacuating the center.<BR><BR>I've been there twice, once in winter, once in summer. Both had something good. Although seeing Prague covered by snow was really breathtaking.