My husband and I have a month to explore the Croatian coast next July, starting in Pula, and would appreciate some tips on how to avoid the largest crowds and still see the highlights. (I know, I know: "Don't go in the summer." But it's our only opportunity.)
We'll be relying on public transportation. We like hiking, swimming and snorkelling, kayaking, river-rafting. We're not interested in the party scene. We love quieter oceanfront villages, as long as they're accessible by bus.
Can we get some advice on our itinerary? Nothing is set in stone, but here's what I'm thinking.
Pula - 1 or 2 nights to see the Roman ruins
Rovinj -- 3 nights
Opatija? - 2 nights
A Kvarner island? Cres, Losinj or Rab? - 4 nights
Zadar - 3 nights - river-rafting?
Sibenik - 2 nights? Krka National Park
Trogir or Split - 3 or 4 nights - river-rafting
Hvar - 3 nights?
Korcula - 4 nights
Dubrovnik - 5 nights - day trips to Elafiti Islands, Mljet Island
Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna