Best Room with a view in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a hotel room in Paris with an unforgettable view (maybe of the Arc, Eiffel Tower, or Seine). Just want to keep the budget at 350 Euros a night. I will be visiting in winter time.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 05:33 AM

I'd opt for the Hotel Brighton on Rue de Rivoli as long as you get a renovated room with a view of the Tuileries. Other items to view from your REAL balcony (at least two people could stand on ours comfortably) include the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Eiffel Tower, Invalides and the knowledge that the Seine was between Musee d'Orsay and your hotel. The cost was, as I recall, 165 € per night. You can see pictures from our balcony, as well as from our entire 2+week vacation to Paris, Umbria, Positano, Capri and Rome last September at:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/samandnancytn/my_photos

KC
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 07:26 AM
tod

Thank you Knoxvillecouple!
This hotel would be perfect for my son & his new bride when they are on honeymoon next year April.
Your room had a perfect view so would you mind if I asked you for the room number?
Thanks for the photos - just great!
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Neopolitan

Not the most luxurious hotel in Paris, but in fair weather certainly one of the most dramatic spots, and a very nice hotel to boot. Hotel Parc St. Severin (right next to St.Severin in the 5th) has one room on the top floor (the 7th floor)-- a sort of penthouse with a huge terrace that wraps around three sides and has a couple seating areas. You can actually get pretty much a 360 degree view as you walk around the three sides -- Eiffel Tower, the Pantheon, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur.

Winter doesn't provide you with much opportunity to really enjoy the terrace, but the views would still be amazing.

Room 70 at the Parc St. Severin. They will tell you on booking whether or not it is available. This is often a problem with many hotels as they can't gurantee what room you will get or how good the view might be -- depending on what's available upon your arrival.

Old Apr 7th, 2006, 08:48 AM

lesm -

According to my trip report (http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...p;tid=34730887), it was Room 411. But of course I wrote that several months after getting home. I DO know it was on the 4th floor facing Tuileries - of course in Europe that means that it's on the fifth floor American-style.

KC
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Anyone have any additional recommendations for rooms with a view in the 8th district?
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 06:44 AM

We have stayed in THe Hotel De France and it has lovely views of Les Invalides, its not a luxury hotel, but very clean, safe and in a lovely neighbourhood in the 7e