Best room at La Tonnarella

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best room at La Tonnarella

We are considering booking a room at this hotel for our trip in July. This time it is just the two of us - no mothers, sister or son! It is our anniversary celebration.

I have done research on this website and am wondering which room is the best. Rooms that have been mentioned are #2, #4(corner room shown on the website, #22, or the suite. If anyone has stayed at this hotel in any of these rooms, could you please give me some information? We would like a spacious room with beautiful views of the Bay of Naples and a terrace or balcony large enough to sit out on.

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Cemcem, Marymac, Patrick , did you stay at La Tonnarella on your recent trips? If so, perhaps you can give me some information on the best rooms with views, terraces or balconies, etc. Thanks.
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:06 PM

We stayed in #22 in September 2002, and it was just fabulous. The room itself is very nice, but sliding glass doors open onto a fabulous large balcony with breathtaking views. I couldn't stop taking pictures of the bay.

In addition to the main room, which my memory tells me was two twins pushed together (the preference for my sister and I), there was a small room next to the bathroom with a single bed, where we could pile our junk and not litter the main room.

I think the hotel books the room as a triple, but we received the same price as for a double.

Great place to stay.
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:27 PM

Marianna,

I have some great photos of our room and of the bay that I can e-mail you if you e-mail me at [email protected].

It was great to look at thos pics again.
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:34 PM
Gino

Marianna
We stayed in room 4 this past July. It is a great room with two balconies. One overlooking the bay of naples and the other overlooking Sorrento itself.
Room 4's balcony overlooking the bay is somewhat smaller than that of room 2 or 3.
You won't go wrong with any of the rooms.
The food at this hotel is also great. I would not hesitate opting for half pension here.

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Mary-Fran and Gino, thank you for the information.

Mary Fran, I would like to see the pictures so I will email you directly. Gino, are the balconies of #4 large enough to sit out on or are they just stand on balconies? Is the room a good size?

I read somwhere that the suite with the Jacuzzi can be very damp and noisy although its sounds spacious and roomy by the description. Has anyone stayed in room #2 - what is it like?

Does anyone else out there have any other room suggestions at La Tonnarella for us to consider as a request?

We are excited about our trip although it will be different for us without the mothers and others.

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 01:25 PM

This hotel will guarentee you the room you select? This is unusual, but a good deal if they actually do it.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 02:11 PM

I don't think La Tonarella guarantees ANY room but we got the room we requested because we stayed there for 8 days/7 nights!!
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Gino

Marianna,
Sorry for the late reply. The balcony has two lounge chairs but not much walking room. The other balcony had a table and chairs
The room was very large. Would do it again.