Best month to go to Spain

Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Best month to go to Spain

What is the best month to go to Madrid, Seville, and Costa Del Sol? Realizing it will probably be warmer in the Southern areas. Not too much rain,but temps in the 70ies. Just returned from Italy(Rome, Sorrento, Florence, and Venice) May 5-17 which was perfect temps time and no rain except afternoon day of arrival.
Would love to experience the same in Spain.
I realize weather can never be predicted. Always exceptions.
Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:40 AM

I would go no later than April. (We were in Seville in late April and temps were in the high 70's/low 80's and the next week in Marbella everyone was using the hotel pools.)
Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:45 AM

Though we've been to Spain only in Summer and Fall, we always asked our guides their opinions of the best time. Every single one said May; that the gardens in Granada and Seville were at their peak and the weather was great.
Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:09 PM

April is ideal; October is lovely as well. No way I would even consider going to Andalucia between May 15-Sept 15.
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:48 AM

Does anyone know how Costa del Sol would be in late November? I've heard that it can by rainy, but I'm wondering how risky and how cool it could be. Are beaches still frequented this time of year?
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Our last time in Spain was in late December a few years ago. We visited Seville, Cordoba and took a side trip to Gibralter. At that time the weather was sunny and a light sweater or nylon windbreaker was comfortable during the day. It got a bit cooler at night but not uncomfortably so - just layered both.

We also did a trip to Madrid, Toledo and some towns north of Madrid around Christmas week two years before the trip descibed above and it was much cooler - probably around 40F.
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:31 AM

May was lovely.
Jun 20th, 2007, 10:50 AM

Spring and Autumn , specially in Madrid. In Andalucia you can say also Winter..not for the beach, though.
Jun 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
ComfyShoes

Kend: Mujer, You are losing it So far as perfect time to go to Spain, I thought you would have started with January, then to February, then to March.... all the way to December Just kidding.

Of course I agree with your response.

Jun 20th, 2007, 08:58 PM

We were in Costa Del Sol in midNovember and had beautiful weather there, but a week later, rainy and cool in Costa Blanco. Also in Costa Del Sol and Costa Brava in April and had beautiful weather.
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM

We spent 2 weeks in Seville Xmas 06 and weather was mild - for mid-winter. We now live in Andalucia and this year has been particularly cool according to the locals. This year April was very cool - we had heating on every night. May was OK and has just really started to warm up in June. If you are worried about intense heat avoid July and August of course.