Champions League football

Jun 18th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Champions League football

I'm going to be in Rome in September and wonder about getting tickets for matches by either AS Roma or Lazio. Does anyone know when the schedule will be released, and where I can buy tickets online?
Thanks,
Larry
Jun 18th, 2007, 02:27 PM

To keep on top of things:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html

If you are thinking of buying tickets directly from the club or some kind of official ticket office - forget it. AFAIK, it won't happen.

You can buy tickets on line from ticket brokers but that will co$t....

I've been to many Manchester United matches (both, UCL and PL) and I have been able to score good tickets at the stadium just before the matches. In fact I've met my "regular" ticket contact during 1 opf the matches.
Jun 19th, 2007, 06:56 AM

@ AAFrequentFlyer

Why wouldn't it happen? Are all games contantly sold out in Rome?

Jun 19th, 2007, 07:04 AM

Have a look herebr /> www.stadiumguide.com/olimpico.htm

and scroll down to the bottom.
Jun 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM

I really don't know about league play in Italy but UCL matches are usually sold out. The visiting team gets a large allotment of tickets for their supporters. That usually leaves only enough tickets for the home team's own season ticket holders. I have not seen any official ticket sales for any UCL matches because there are none left, but I have only been to UCL matches in UK and in Spain so I can't say with certainity that it won't happen in Rome.
I said, AFAIK it won't happen, but???

Good luck and have a great trip to Rome!
Jun 19th, 2007, 08:11 AM

Tickets in italy are complicated - apart from the obvious sales points a lot are under the control of the Ultras, and frankly I would rather eat my own feet than have anyhing to do with the Lazio Ultras - a quick google will tell you all you need to know (and leave you wanting a shower).
Jun 19th, 2007, 10:24 AM

David,

What makes you think you're qualified to answer questions about the Champions League?

Jim
Jun 19th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Never been to an AS Roma game or tried to buy tickets but it appears from the sites linked to above that you can buy regular season il Calcio game tickets, probably not Champions League games though. I've watched quite a few regular Roma games on tv and there are plenty of empty seats at some games.
Jun 19th, 2007, 03:27 PM

At more than a few Italian matches ALL the seats are empty, because the clubs are playing under penalty of empty neutral stadiums. This is because of their unfortunate habits of match-fixing, rioting, attempting to burn down stadiums, massed Nazi chanting, etc., etc.
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the information provided. I didn't mean to start a thread resembling something on ESPN Soccernet. I've been to UCL games in England while on vacation and hope to see one in Italy in September. The passion of football fans around the World amazes me.
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:34 AM

You'll get tickets pretty easily apart from the later stages.