Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would like to spend 1-2 nights in Cappadocia and depart from Antalya....but return to Istanbul where our flight home will depart. What is the best method for traveling with luggage and approximate costs, times, etc. -- bus, plane, rental car etc. Thank you for any info or contacts you can provide.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 12:52 AM

You can go yhere by plane. I don't remember exact price, but it was cheap. And if you want more cheaper, go by bus. It's about 25$ per person. If you would like to give your personal e-mail address I can send you all information you need.

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 01:39 AM

Unfortunatelly you can not fly direct from Antalya to Cappadocia region. Its got to be via Istanbul
Alternatively you can hire a car to drive ( aprox 6,5 - 7 hours ) or take the night bus ( 10 to 11 hours )

From Cappadocia Kayseri airport serves to dometic flights 3 flights daily and flying time is 1 hour 15 minutes.

Consider a hot air balloon ride while in Cappadocia I would recommend highly.
Have fun in Cappadocia.

Murat
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Crazy Girl: You can e-mail me info at [email protected] Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 04:48 PM

We took a flight from Cappadocia thru Istanbul to Antalya because we didnt want to drive 7-8hrs. Antalya itself I dont think is worth seeing - its a big city, although the old part of town is kind of cute. I would have much rather spend an extra day in Cappadocia then spend it in Antalya especially if you just have to be back in Istanbul after Antalya.
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 06:00 AM

I have a customer coming from Antalya with helicopter. But more easy would be a private jet
Happy travelling

Murat
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 08:44 PM

From Antalya to Cappadocia, bus is the best way to travel. As far as I know, there are no direct flights from Antalya to Cappadocia. Kayseri Province is the nearest that has an airport, which is about 30-40 minutes away from Urgup/Goreme or Nevshehir. A four lane highway just opened Between Kayseri and Urgup and there is public transportation. But, from Antalya, you may have to fly to Istanbul and from there to Kayseri. Make sure to check flight schedules through a travel agency so that you will not spend hours at the airports waiting for the connecting flight. I am sure Nevtur Bus Company, that operates from Nevshehir, has buses running between Antalya and Nevshehir.

ANTALYA, it is somewhat true, it is a huge city BUT, there is something to see "THE ANTALYA MUSEUM", and DO NOT MISS THAT. The sarcophaguses and numerous statues are being exhibited that were found in Perge,Side and other sites and some of them smuggled outside of the country and returned back and some were caught when they were about to be taken out. True, the city itself is just a huge city nothing interesting in the line of sites, but the museum is absolutely a must.

Happy travelling.

'
Old Dec 7th, 2016, 11:47 PM

Cappadocia Antalya can not make a direct flight but you can provide transportation by agreement with car rental or transfer companies.
Old Dec 9th, 2016, 12:56 AM

There are no flights between Antalya and Cappadocia, so the most convenient thing is to take advantage of services like car rental.