best method from frankfort airport to Avis East Munich office

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm flying United into Frankfort on the 17th of June and am picking up a car at the Avis East Munich City Office, 61 Nymphenburger Str. Any advice on the best way to get there? If taxi any idea at all about cost?
Thanks.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 01:15 PM

Very funny - not!
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 09:22 AM

fullprof,

How do you plan to get from Frankfurt to Munich? Certanly not by taxi. I suggest the train which you can pick up at the Frankfurt Airport.

When you get to the Munich Haupt Banhof, go down to the U Bahn station in the Banhof. I believe you want the U-1. Get off at the SECOND stop. The Avis office is directly across the street by the Shell station.

If you get off at the first U Bahn stop (I think it is Stiglmaier Platz), you will have a VERY long walk to 61 Nyphenburger Str, believe me.

Curious
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:18 AM

Why not just fly into Munich?
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Bootman4U

OK, I'll bite into this thing, too..Why not rent a car at Frankfurt?

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 12:19 PM

Here is what you do. First, Go to the ATM in the terminal(get a lot). Walk out of FRA and get into the first cab you see. Next tell the driver you would like to go to 61 Nymphenburger Str. , when he informs you that there is no 61 Nymph Str. tell me its in Munchen. Once he stops laughing...he will probably realize that you are the ultimate rube and he is bound to make a fortune from you. Next be sure to tell him that you are interested in the german countryside and would like to go to Munchen via this Romantic Road you have heard so much about. No need for the autoban. Since you will be going that way you should consider stopping in Rothenburg for lunch...my suggestion is Hotel Eisenhut. Be a dear and invite the cabbie to lunch. Now off to Munchen. Be prepared for bad traffic trying to get in to Munich as it will undoubtably be rush hour. You may have to help navigate as the driver is most likely not from Bavaria, so pack a good road map in your carry-on. Also, be sure to give the driver a good tip so he doesn't have any anti-american feeling toward the rest of us.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Mea Culpa. Forgive! I'm getting old and don't necessarily know what I'm doing or where I am going. I am actually flying into Munich, and later
out of Frankfort. I now realize that
there would be one heck of a drive from Frankfort to Munich. Am not really planning to do that. Again, mea culpa.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Bootman4U

Fullprof: I don't think you need to apologize too much because anyone can make a mistake...at least the post wasn't some sort of joke designed to get everyone ranting and raving. And, digital_traveler's response was hysterical (do we have enough time to do Neuschwanstein, too???..made my day!