Reload this Page >

Best Guide in Turkey

Search

Best Guide in Turkey

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 09:53 PM
John

Best Guide in Turkey

We just returned from a wonderful visit to Turkey that was not long enough. It is a beautiful country; friendly and gracious people. We used Nejat as our guide in Istanbul and Kusadasi (Ephesus), and could not have been more pleased. If you are thinking of a safe and pleasant place to visit, go to Turkey and you must contact Nejat for guide services. Our flight was late, he waited until we arrived. Front row seats at a sold out dinner show, and his knowledge of history is outstanding, and never boring. He can be reached at [email protected].

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 10:07 PM
brandytux

Hello, glad to hear of your good and safe time. My friend and I leave soon for Istanbul and a cruise. We are using another guide recommended on this site. <BR>I am glad to hear such positive comments. I never had any reservations about going to turkey at this time but have heard much "stuff" from some coworkers and of course my mother. Mothers always worry. I am so glad due to the situation that I do have a guide for the entire time to pick us up,take us on tours and then drop us at the port. I have had a nice email correspondence with him since booking (before the 9/11 attack) and it makes it one less thing to stress about. I am so looking forward to Istanbul and plan to go back to further explore turkey at another time.

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 03:49 PM
M&J

Hello John---we love Turkey and have a write-up for the first time visitor to Istanbul. It is yours for the asking, but we do charge! When you return, you have to share your trip with us.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:58 AM
Belinda and Kip

Our experiences with Suleyman were all good. He is one of the nicest, <BR>kindest, most incredible people we've ever met. After the short time we <BR>spent in Cappidocia with him, we felt like we left a friend behind. We made <BR>hotel reservations in Cappidocia with him over the internet and everything <BR>went smoothly. We also asked him to make some airline reservations within <BR>Turkey and within Greece and that worked out very well also. He saved us a few hundred dollars over the travel agent here in the States.<BR>You may find him at: www.cappadociatours.com and e-mail: [email protected] <BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:03 PM
Paule

I second the recommendation for Suleyman as a guide. We worked with him, too, and his recommendations were always right on. He made hotel and car reservations AND he saved us money, too. My husband and I were there this last summer, and found Suleyman to be warm and funny, smart, intuitive-- and who also became a friend. <BR>We also hired him for 2 full days as a guide around Cappadocia, and it made all the difference in knowing where to go and making it come alive for us. <BR>He is a gem of a human being!<BR>

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Rana & Ed Bertolotti

We just got back from Turkey and had a fantastic time. We loved Cappadocia and Suleyman was really wonderful. His english is perfect and he's very knowledgeable about the area & its' history, and he's very nice. We all loved him (there were 9 of us!). <BR>We also loved the Gamirasu - we couldn't believe our good fortune. I assume you'll be taking one of the late evening flights from Istanbul. I don't want to give away anything, but don't be worried on the way there - it's a jewel. <BR>We were there for 3 nights (only 2 full days). 4 days is good. If you don't mind getting up at 3:30 in the morning the hot air balloon ride was a lot of fun. <BR>

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Hal Wilner

We went to the magical Cappadocia by plane when Suleyman guided us for 3 <BR>fantastic days( he organized guides and hotels for us in istanbul and ephesus <BR>and all worked like a Swiss Clock)!!!<BR>I CANNOT recommend him HIGHLY ENOUGH!!!!!!! If you spend time with him, you will feel like a part of his family(and meet a lot of them too) and vice verse<BR>You can contact him at: www.cappadociatours.com and e-mail [email protected]

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 01:00 PM
ti

I would also look at other travel message boards like AOL, just an idea...

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 04:28 PM
HooDoo'd

Yeah, that Sulleyman! Is this cheap advertisement or what? Gid outta here!

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Patrick

I sent emails to the people listed here as well as the ones on a couple of similar Turkish threads. I asked if they had posted here and told them that there were full quotes from them with their names and emails. I have received answers from four of them so far. None of them have authorized these posts. Two can't imagine where they came from, especially containing their email addresses. Why isn't Fodors removing this blatant advertising using unauthorized use of real people's names and email addresses?