Reload this Page >

Paris for Beauty and Relaxation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Beverly

I've enjoyed reading about Paris on this forum and will soon be going for the first time 1st week of March. I welcome all the advice especially from other lone Fodorite travellers (any going same week?. On many posts, seems Parisienne women are admired for their polish and beauty. Are there spas you would recommend for a bit of a Paris-style beauty treat? Are reservations recommended before I leave US? I will be staying on Ile St. Louis for over a week. After all the walking and searching I expect to do, I'll be looking forward to my down time and staying close to "home" around midweek. What have you done for a quiet break...that did not involve eating...that was still a notably Parisienne experience?

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Ron

Go and see Paris Story, which is a very clever and entertaining presentation playing hourly, on the hour. It is located to the left of the Opera Garnier [Rue Scribe] and next door to the American Express. Once in the area there are other interesting things to see and do.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Mike

Beverly,<BR>A night-time candlelight classical concert at St Chapelle might be a possibility. What I also like to do after dinner is walk around Ile St Louis and Ile de la Cite, hanging out on the bridges, watching the cruise ships go by and taking in the illuminated buildings...very peaceful. Then, an ice cream cone from Berthillon on Ile St Louis to finish off the evening. <BR><BR>Enjoy!<BR><BR>Mike

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 08:53 AM
c

"Down time"--In the afternoon, sitting on a bench in the Place des Vosges, watching the children play in the sandbox, listening to the sounds of Paris.<BR>Or, in the Luxembourg Gardens.<BR>Walking around the gardens at the Rodin Museum.<BR>Taking tea/coffee and a pain au chocolate back to the room, listening to music and just "being there"

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 04:39 PM
ttt

topping...

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Thyra

Hi There, <BR><BR>This spa was recommended a while ago by another Fodorite. Enjoy. <BR><BR>http://www.lesbainsdumarais.com/hammam/index.htm<BR><BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:50 PM
c

Just a shampoo and a blow dry at one of the neighborhood salons is a pleasant experience,see how they do it in Paris.It is relaxing to have a mini-massage from the shampoo person,to be a little pampered,a nice way to get ready for a nice dinner.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 08:12 PM
beauty

The Crillon Hotel is noted for it's beauty treatments.