Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best city for Spring study abroad Program?

Old Apr 26th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am drawing near to needing to put in my application for a Spring program. This will be following a Fall program spent in Vienna, Austria.
As courses begin to limit my options, it looks that the places available to me will be Lancaster, UK or Swansea, UK (mayyyybe Limerick, Ireland or Venice, Italy--still waiting to hear back if they have enough courses at those places). At any rate, I know next to nothing about these 2 cities aside from them being in the UK. Swansea is a coastal town and Lancaster is a small town with a castle that is nicknamed "the hanging town" because there used to be more people hung there than anywhere else aside from London in the UK.
I enjoy a great many things: good food, music, traveling, and art to list a few. I would especially enjoy having 'scenic' places nearby which might offer some good outdoor activities (I typically do pretty extreme outdoor sports, but also enjoy pleasant hikes through hillcountry or whatever may be offered).

At any rate, if anyone who has been to 1 (or both!!) of these places I would really appreciate hearing what it's like and what I may be able to expect from living there for a semester.