Reload this Page >

Best 4-5 Star Hotel in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 10:22 PM
TahitiTams

I would love to know what's your favorite 4-5 star hotel and why?.. I love staying in the 1st, 6th,7th or 16th district.. I want super luxury, super chic but affordable..I use Expedia quite a bit and I have had great success. Going in March/April. Two Adults. Crillon looks stunning..Pont Royal? Hotel du Louvre?

Thanks so much and Happy Holidays..

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stayed at the Lancaster and loved it. Very understated, chique and luxe.
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 11:42 PM

We stay at the Sofitel Le Parc in the 16th. Very comfortable, excellent service, pet-friendly (our English cocker always travels with us) and we LOVE the Place Victor Hugo neighborhood. Our favorite neighborhood in Paris. If money were absolutely no object, we might stay in the Plaza Athenee, but the 4-star Le Parc suits us just right (it's not up in the 4*L category like the Crillon, Meurice, Ritz, etc., it's more casual than that).
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 12:44 AM

One of my favourite 4 star hotel in Paris is the Hotel Cambon...in the 1st!!Really luxury and very elegant..near Place de la Concorde!!Have a look at www.hcambon.com!
have a good trip!
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 02:57 AM

I can hardly wait for M-Kingdom's response to this one and all that it implies!
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 03:08 AM

Hi
there aren't any 4-stars, but 4-starL hotels, and those, like the Ritz and Crillon, don't fall into what most would think of as the 'affordable' category.
Among lovely 4-stars, I like the d'Aubusson in the 6th, on rue Dauphine.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 03:46 AM

We went into The Crillon on Saturday night (4th December) for pre dinner drinks and it was stunning! However, we couldn't afford to stay there. The cheapest rate I could find was approx. €500 per night to stay at The Crillon. It looks great with all the Christmas lights outside and down the Champs.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 05:26 AM

The George V is currently Zagats 'Best Hotel in the World' accroding to the Sunday Times.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 05:46 AM

DH and I just returned from Paris (trip report at some point today), and stayed at the Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome. Wonderful! All the creature comforts - and a great location. I have stayed at the George V and liked the Hyatt better.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 06:26 AM

I think super luxury, chic and affordable is an impossibility - unless you're Donald Trump. I think the best Paris hotel we've stayed in is the Georges V - but it's nowhere near affrodable - at least on our incomes - I use it on business only.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 06:44 AM

Some good friends of ours stayed recently at the Lancaster, and it sounds wonderful.

I think if I were going to really splurge on a hotel in Paris I would either stay there or at the Relais Christine, but I don't know that I would call either of them "affordable."
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 08:51 PM
TahitiTams

Thank you all for the great suggestions.. I should of realized that there really is no 5 stars in Paris and I am dreaming of super luxury and affordable in the same breath... Looking at Expedia ratings.. Great deals with the flight & Hotel..Do you think that this is the best way to go? I am going on business this time.. Good impression for my clients as well..I do not want to exude cheapness.. I want to close the deal!

Old Dec 7th, 2004, 09:11 PM

What price range do you mean by affordable?
Old Dec 8th, 2004, 02:31 AM

The Holiday Inn Paris Republique offers a great combination of affordability and higher-end amenities:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...pardl?irs=null

Forget any general preconceptions that you might have about Holiday Inns. It's a fabulous building with a nice level of finish and room size; particularly in the executive rooms. It's in a nice area of the 11th. I highly recommend it.

Old Dec 8th, 2004, 08:35 AM

France just categorizes the highest level hotel as 4*L, not 5*, that's all. That doesn't really have any importance, they are certainly some of the most luxurious hotels in Europe in that category.
Old Dec 8th, 2004, 01:32 PM

Meurice in the first; Montalembert in the 7th; Lutetia in the 6th; St. James in the 16th. Those are my choices, but I am always amused when someone asks for the "best hotel" out of a number of excellent choices. I can't tell you what you will like. There are so many very good hotels in Paris, it's hard to choose. And when someone asks for an essentially upper strata hotel, then in the same breath mentions the word "affordable," I have two thoughts:
(1) This person isn't serious.
.....or.....
(2) This person has plenty of money but is a bit miserly.

If neither of those fit you, TahitiTams, I apologize. It's just the the way you have asked the question raises doubts in my mind. Good luck.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:03 AM

Look, face facts: people who really aren't in any way, shape, or form, "worried" about luxury hotel costs in Paris would not be bothered to even post on a forum like this one..otherwise The Donald would be here all the time and probably using a much more thoughtful screenname than "little piggy" too.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:39 AM
rex

<<Do you think that this is the best way to go? I am going on business this time.. Good impression for my clients as well..I do not want to exude cheapness.. I want to close the deal!>>

This has one (only one?) of the (beginning) hallmarks of a "good troll" posting (are there any "good" troll postings?) - - we cannot be sure - - is this person serious? By its very nature, <<super luxury, super chic>> is NEVER "affordable".

And now, there is this hint of a second troll characteristic: changing the &quot;criteria&quot; of what it is the poster hopes to find. Impression on a client, <i>versus</i> amenities to <i><b>you</b></i> as the traveling hotel guest could be two rather different things.

What deal is it that you are trying to close? Two adults? sharing the same room? Is the sale you are trying to make something in the &quot;personal services&quot; nature (no double entendres intended) - - and this is a husband and wife business? Perhaps you are in the business of yacht maintenance, or professional advice, or consulting, or is this about the sale of a product?

I have been in the position of traveling to Europe to make a sale (and far more times, in the United States), and a hotel had to be my business &quot;base&quot;. It would be a very rare circumstance that you will want to use the same hotel room in which you are staying (sleeping) for meeting/presenting to/negotiating with your client - - even if you were staying in a multi-room suite. Will you not be wanting to go to the client's location (unless the client is not based in Paris either - - perhaps some business/travel situation just brings both of you to the same city)? Whether at your hotel, or at the client's hotel (if there is no business location), the availability of a conference room, and the nature of catering/business guest services ought to be a higher priority than, say... spa services, or the marble in the bathtub. Will you not meet in a restaurant first, anyhow?

Are the two adults both representatives of the company (if you are not spouses or partners in personal life)? Be careful of the business image of having brought a &quot;tag-along&quot; spouse, or alternatively, of two employees having (inappropriately?) shared one room (to save money?)

Last of all, is it really appropriate to let a client see that you are &quot;enjoying&quot; (does this word really fit, in high stress, high stakes business travel?) the lavish setting of high-cost lodging? At whose expense? It might be appropriate for some kinds of personal service business, but equally INappropriate for others.

The key to &quot;trolling&quot; is to keep &quot;us&quot; guessing - - is this person real? and just a little bit naive as to how to word the question(s)? or getting us to stretch our credibility and squirm through subtly changing questions into the riotously funny/ridiculous pursuit of something that doesn't exist!?

Whichever the case, this could prove to unfold into an interesting thread.

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 07:43 AM
rex

ttt? or is this dead in its tracks?
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 11:16 AM
TahitiTams

Message: Wow, I never thought I would be called a Troll but here goes..For one, I am an Executive who owns a very successful Handbag business which I am meeting my French associates for the first time and doing business at the Hotel that I will be staying at so an elegant place for our first meeting is a must..I have used Expedia numerous times and found that when you purchase Flight and Hotel you can really get some fantastic deals with lovely Hotels like the Crillon, Vendome or Pont Royal..If you know anything about doing business in France is that they judge everything you do on first impressions..From your attire to the hotel that you choose and when millions are riding on this, I thought I would go to a place that would give me guidance not smack!
TahitiTams
La Jolla,California

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -