Berlin on Mondays

Jun 11th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Berlin on Mondays

I understand that all Berlin museums are closed on Mondays. Any ideas where to go and what to do on Mondays?
Thank you very much.
Jun 11th, 2007, 11:24 AM

ttt
Jun 11th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Hi
You can walk around Berlin, visit the KeDeWa dept. store, the largest in Europe. Check with a guidebook to see whats open on Mondays. The remnents of the Berlin wall can be seen, Checkpoint Charlie is there. Topography of Terror I think is open on Mondays. believe me just visiting museums will tire you after a while.
Jun 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM

I intentionally skipped Berlin on a Monday for this reason, but I actually think there are more than a few museums open Monday, so you'll just have to plan to visit those then. Alternatively, you could try Potsdam or Wansee, as sites there may be open on Mondays (not sure, though).
Jun 12th, 2007, 02:56 AM

Not all museums are closed on Mondays, only most public-museums. But private museums (e.g. "The Story of Berlin") are open, and so are the Jewish Museum and the German Historical Museum (both recommended).

In any case, there's much to do without museums...
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:01 AM

This may be a little off topic, but if you're in Berlin Wednesday evenings, the museums are FREE!!!
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:13 AM

You can go dancing at a club. (When my husband and I were in Berlin a few years ago, the only night we had free to go out to a club was Monday. We asked our waiter that evening where we should go and noted that we realised that clubs might not be very busy on a Monday. He said, no that's not true at all. This is Berlin. There's a very lively club scene every night in Berlin. We went back to our hotel, took a nap (we were 40, after all) and then went out at 2 am. Had a great time.
Jul 11th, 2007, 07:36 AM

Many of the museums in Berlin are open on Mondays. The Pergamon for sure. Check the Berlin Museums web site for times, tickets, etc.