Reload this Page >

Bergen - only the best

Search

Bergen - only the best

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 09:26 AM
hen

Bergen - only the best

On our one and only trip to the fjords, so where are the nicest hotels or inns to stay at in the region. Also love to eat -- so list your favorite restaurants in the area and also in Oslo as well. Thnx in advance.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 05:12 PM
nora

topping....am interested also.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 05:44 PM
lilly

Went to the fjords after Bergen last summer - awesome. We took a train to Voss, bus to Gudvangen and glorious boat to Flam for our first night. Stayed in the Fretheim Hotel,which was quite nice. Food was terrific, especially the breakfast buffet. Next day we took the Flambana to Myrdal and train to Oslo. Had we had more time, we would have gone to Balestrand one night and it is my understanding that the Kviknes (spelling probably wrong) is a lovely old hotel there. Or, in between Voss and Gudvangen, there's a wonderful hilltop hotel, the Stalheim. Do a search here for "fjords" or Hotel Stalheim and you will find terrific information from people who helped me last spring.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Scott

We stayed at a dumpy hotel in Geiranger, but ate at an amazing restaurant there called Ole Budda. This was in 1994, so not sure if it's still there.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Norway

Bergen is so lovely, be sure you walk around the area that is on the outskirts of the town where the people live. Just beautiful.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 12:48 PM
Lisa

My husband and I still talk about a hotel in Fjaerland called the Hotel Mundal. What an unbelievable drive there! And the town is a gem. If you have a dream of escape, this is it. Wonderful hiking from anywhere, a lake to row on, glacier you can see from the town, no people. Here's the link:<BR>http://www.fjordinfo.no/mundal/<BR><BR>Another wonderful fantasy place is the Roisheim Hotel in Lom. Their food was delicious. Again hiking was great, and they had a friendly dog to lend! <BR><BR>Have a wonderful trip to our favorite country. <BR><BR>Lisa