Reload this Page >

Bercy Village in Paris

Search

Bercy Village in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Sue

Bercy Village in Paris

Has anyone been to Bercy Village in Paris? I've read that the village has been recreated. Is it worth a visit?<BR><BR>Thanks.........

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Sue

ttt

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 01:30 AM
francesca

What has been done with the Bercy area reminds me slightly of what they did with Quincy Market in Boston but on a really tiny scale. The whole area has been re-done. There is a market place, with upscale shops and restaurants and across from that a really nice park with a rose garden. Worth a visit if you are in Paris and have already seen the other big sites. Metro Clos St Emilion.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Sue

francesca and Fred,<BR><BR>Thank you for the info. It is on my list of things to do, but toward the bottom. But, you never know! For Paris I have an unending list. <BR><BR>I'm down to counting the hours! <BR>36 more hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR><BR>

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 09:48 PM
clairoobscur

I used to have a lot of ressentment concerning Bercy, and dislike the place. That because beforeit was done, the place was a sort of "ghost-town" which was fun to visit for teenagers.<BR><BR>So, I essentially boycotted the place for a long time. However, I recently changed my mind. The park is well done, in my opinion, quite large, very diverse, definitely pleasant.<BR><BR>As for Bercy Village : a number of shops have been installed in the wine wholesale dealers' buildings. It's quite well-done, the "village" (actually only a street) has a pleasant athmosphere but these shops are rather ordinary. Nothing you couldn't easily find elsewhere. There are a lot of restaurants, but definitely not upscale ones, contrarily to what a previous poster said. Rather cheap restaurants, actually.<BR><BR>So, I liked the park and found that the "village", though a nice idea, wasn't particulary impressive. Since Bercy is quite out of the way, and it's not really easy to get there, I wouldn't recommand it to tourists who can easily find more interesting and convenient places to visit, IMO (and better places for shopping, too).