bellinis

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:01 PM
rosemarie

bellinis

can someone explain what a bellinis is?

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:09 PM
elvira

A Bellini is a delightful drink made from Champagne and peach Schnapps. <BR>It was invented, I think, at Harry's Bar in Venice. Does anybody know for sure?

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:11 PM
elvira

A Bellini is a delightful drink made from Champagne and peach Schnapps. <BR>It was invented, I think, at Harry's Bar in Venice. Does anybody know for sure?

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:22 PM
cheryl

Actually, a Bellini is made of fresh peach juice and Prosecco (which is indeed, like champagne). I believe it was invented at Harry's Bar.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:22 PM
Sheila

A Bellini is a Sculpture by Bellini

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:28 PM
cheryl

I guess it all depends on what the context is. In a bar it's a drink, in a museum it is a piece of artwork by the Venetian artist Giovanni Bellini, who is primarily known for his paintings.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 01:05 PM
12many

A bellini is an apprentice bell ringer, starting his career on the small bells, hence "bellini".

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 02:24 PM
Boots

You have either ruined or made my day. The Bellini was indeed invented at Harry's Bar, and while I love Venice for a number of reasons, Bellinis are right at the top of my list. I can't wait to return! And Cheryl has the right ingredients. <BR>

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 05:08 PM
richard j. vicek

Good evening and for your infomation, <BR>any New Yorkers can obtain the Bellini <BR>at Harry Cipriani's , 5th and 59th NYC <BR>and will be probably be available with <BR>the reopening of the Rainbow Room. <BR>URL www.cipriani.com/ Good surfing. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, IL------

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 07:06 PM
Dave

"Well..." as Ronald Reagan would say, since the 'poster' has the correct answer AND others made wisecracks, I might as add my two cents worth of humor! A Bellini is: A Wierd, Crazy, Loveable Italian guy whooo 'swept' the the Acadamy Awards (off their stuffy feet) this year! <BR>

Old Apr 1st, 1999, 03:58 AM
rosemarie

does anyone know the correct measurements to make this drink?

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 10:58 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon. <BR>The proper proportions are 1 oz of peach <BR>puree to 3 oz of prosecco. However the <BR>puree of the peach is made from only <BR>white peaches, not yellow, it is ground <BR>thru a meat grinder and pressed thru a <BR>seive, it is not reduced in a blender. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il....

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 11:49 AM
Lost1

Sounds like a great drink, cannot wait to try one...to ten. The Acadamy Awards Actor is BERNINI, NOT BELLINI! NO ONE caught me!

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 12:01 PM
martha

Fine, Dave, we couth posters to this forum don't usually bother to point out that we got a obvious joke, but if it will make you feel better: Benigni. <BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 09:24 PM
judy

And, if we're being catty here, Dave, dear, the word is Academy, not Acadamy... <BR>

Old Apr 3rd, 1999, 09:20 AM
richard j. vicek

Good morning to all, <BR> <BR>How about Accademia!!! <BR> <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il....

Old Apr 3rd, 1999, 11:58 AM
Joanne

....and I thought it was spelled blini, and was filled with cream cheese... <BR>

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 09:22 AM
marilyn

You can buy a bottled bellini cocktail at Convito Italiano, an Italian deli at Plaza del Lago in Wilmette, near Chicago. They say they are the only source for this in this country.

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 09:33 AM
elvira

No wonder the only Bellini I ever had in the U.S. was made with peach schnapps... white peaches? Richard, do they have to be fresh (impossible to find) or can they be canned (almost as impossible to find, but at least you can stock up if you do find them)?

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 11:30 AM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon, Elvira <BR>White peaches are available namely in <BR>the larger city fruit and vegetable <BR>markets, usally toward the end of the <BR>peach season, however Harrys' Bar in <BR>Venice has a supplier which furnishes <BR>them with frozen peach puree so that <BR>they can make bellinis all year around. <BR>You should be able to make this puree <BR>and freeze it in small quanities and use <BR>as needed. Richard of Hickory Hills, IL&gt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -