Belfast Hotels

Apr 17th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Belfast Hotels

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Benedict's Hotel in Belfast? I can't decide between this one and Europa Hotel. I did check Trip Advisor and both had high ratings.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Apr 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM

Though I am not familiar with the Benedict, any time I have the option of staying at the Europa, I would certainly take it. I think they just completed a major remodel, adding more rooms. It is well located to everything. The Crown is close at hand, which makes for a memorable dining experience.

Have a wonderful Belfast experience!

Slan Beo,

Bit Devine
Apr 18th, 2007, 11:30 AM

Can't tell you about either hotel but I highly recommend Belfast Hilton. Had a wonderful stay there.
Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:50 AM

Hi C,

I live in Belfast and would NOT recommend Benedict's Hotel. I have nerver seen any of the rooms but the bar area is very noisy and rough.

The Europa Hotel is in a good location but caters mostly for the business trade, as does the Hilton. Neither would be noisy, the Hilton has a pool and fitness centre, if that is important and closer to the Cathederal quarter.

Hope this helps

Helen
Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Helen...and everyone else. I really appreciate your advice. I've gone ahead and booked a room at the Europa. Seems the Benedict isn't as nice as they made it sound. Good to know.

CG
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:36 AM

We stayed at Dukes Hotel on University (Street? Road?) and it was very nice, moderately priced, and an easy walk to the city center and the Botanic Gardens.