Belfast Accommodation

Old Dec 24th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belfast Accommodation

We (2 of us in our 60's) are trying to plan our last 4 days in Northern Ireland -- for the the first 11 days of our trip we are traveling by car with another couple and will spend time on the west coast and Dublin (3 nights). We are currently thinking of heading to Belfast (by train) and either spending 2 nights or 3 nights in Belfast before heading back to Dublin before flying out.
Our Belfast plans - Giant's Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (Day Tour); Black Cab Tour - still looking at what other sights/things to do for Belfast. Any other suggestions we should be looking at? Since we're traveling by train to Belfast, needs to be something/somewhere we can get to by public transit or through a Tour company.
Any recommendation for where (area/place) to stay in Belfast? Looking for safe and clean and around $200USD. Should we be looking at a B&B?
Thanks for your input.
Old Dec 24th, 2017, 07:09 PM

The Titanic Museum was fabulous.
Also enjoyed an audio walking tour, during which we made several stops, including City Hall and a market, maybe St George's?
Stayed in an apartment, which we much prefer to hotels or B&Bs.
Old Dec 25th, 2017, 06:07 AM

I LOVE Northern Ireland -- but I don't think you need more than a day in Belfast. Spend the rest of your NI time on the spectacular coast. If you are in Belfast on a weekend do include St. George's market.

Every year, I attend a conference in Belfast at the Holiday Inn (40 Hope St) and it is well-located and reasonably priced. Check the Europa if you want something something fancier. The Europa is near the Crown Pub which is worth checking out.
Old Dec 25th, 2017, 12:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Europa would be my first choice but if on a budget the Premiere Inn would be fine. I enjoyed our time in Belfast.
Old Dec 25th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies ...