been to Ruthin, North Wales?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been to Ruthin and the surrounding area in North Wales? Looking for tips on hotels or B&Bs. Has anyone been the the Ruthin Castle Banquet? We are going in April.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 05:27 PM

I was there about 20 years ago, but not since. Lovely, interesting area. I think we stayed at Ruthin Castle, and went to the banquet. It's all kind of a blur by now. I just remember I enjoyed. I also remember I was sick with a strep throat at the time, and went to a doctor in the town. He was so nice, and didn't charge me a cent! I guess I did have to pay for the antibiotics. Anyway,I liked Wales.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 08:45 PM

I was in Ruthin about 7 yrs. ago & stayed at Ruthin Castle. It is unique but there was no hot water so we warmed water up in the kettle for washing.But that was just a small glitch in an otherwise great experience. Didn't go in to town but the castle has its own grounds to walk around it. The evening banquet was also quite good.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 08:47 PM

We spent a night in Ruthin at Rhianfa B & B run by the classy Margaret Ranson. Ruthin is a sleepy town; we didn't do the Banquet. There are plenty of good B & B's, should be wide open in April. We based ourselves in Conwy and daytripped from there. Our favorite castle was Caernarfon, and Criccieth castle had an awesome view. The Bodnant gardens was a pleasant surprise, one of the best we've seen in Europe. Enjoy.
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 12:05 AM

mouseonthemove: Stayed at Ruthin Castle with our three teenage daughters years ago. Took in the banquet. The whole experience was great fun. You have to get into the spirit of the banquet. Not gourmet food, corny, but a lot of fun.
The town deserves a wander.
Easy ride from Ruthin to Betws-y-Coed and Caernarfon Castle. Return through Snowdonia National Park. Beautiful!
Have vagreat trip.