Beauvais airport bus

Search

Beauvais airport bus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beauvais airport bus

Why would anyone fly to Beauvais with the new rules for the Beauvais bus ?

Acceptable luggage
Bags, personal items, various parcels, packets and other items may be carried on board
the coaches if:

- They have a maximum size of 20 cm x 25 cm x 45 cm and a maximum
weight of 2 kg.

I HAD TO LEAVE MY LAPTOP + MEDICAL SUPPLIES in the luggage compartment under the bus.
This new rule will provide a great opportunity for thieves.
Never again will I travel via Beauvais.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 09:47 AM

Most people don't fly to Beauvais anyway, isn't it just Ryanair that is out there? I suppose they had problems with not enough space. I just read their terms (and did read that), but it isn't new at all, the terms I read were dated March 2012. And I didn't see a limit, the terms were to regulate size related to the overhead racks, it sounds like. So I don't know what kind of medical supplies you have, it must be something ususual, because I don't think those standards at that terrible. A laptop certainly is within those limits, that isn't that small a size. And the weight is about 4.5 pounds. So a laptop is certainly in those limits and most normal medical supplies would be.

It sounds like they just don't have room for people to bring their actual baggage into the bus, I don't find that so odd at all for an airport shuttle.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 10:12 AM

"A laptop certainly is within those limits,"

It isn't.

Ryanair also - strictly - limit cabin baggage on the plane to one piece, and are clear that medical supplies and a laptop need to go into that one piece. So the only way a laptop and medicine can go onto the bus is by taking them out of the cabin bag and leaving them loose on the bus luggage shelf.

With enough pre-planning, passengers CAN avoid having to put real valuables into the public luggage hold under the bus - but only if they have BOTH read the cabin baggage AND the bus baggage rules, and brought extra lightweight bags that will meet the cabin bag rules but allow security on the bus.

This isn't a question of "most people don't fly to Beauvais". These are the rules imposed by the world's largest international airline for the only options it offers clients flying to and from the world's most visited tourist destination.

They're characteristic of the toerag arsehole who runs the company as a self-indulgent game in showing off what pointless misery he can inflict on passengers.

artdpart should be praised for publicising this extreme example of O'Leary's supreme objective being what he can boast of down his local pub.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Passengers of low cost carriers should not be surprised that the corresponding buses have low cost rules. Actually, even though I have always worried about it myself, I have yet to read a report of anybody having their luggage stolen from the baggage compartment of a bus.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM

Ryan's CEO even floated the idea once of putting pay toilets on his planes - I would - to wit flanner's take - fly with this outfit even if they paid me to fly... well maybe in that case.

Getting from Beauvais to Paris without the bus can take a lot of time and money - first have to get into city center - if there are buses there - to the Beauvais train station then pay for the hour or so trip to Paris proper.