Bead Shops in London, Cambridge, Paris

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:00 AM
Beader

Bead Shops in London, Cambridge, Paris

I'm an enthusiastic beader/jewellery maker (hobby) who will be visiting London, Cambridge and Paris next month. If anyone can help recommend good/interesting beadshops in London, Cambridge or Paris, I will be most grateful.

I am particularly keen on getting modern glass beads, handblown glass beads, sterling silver beads/findings or Czech faceted beads. Not the plastic, wooden types or anything antique. There are many shops selling on-line but nothing beats walking into a shop to see the real thing.

I know this is a travel site but there seems to be an awful lot of people who have a wealth of info, so I thought I should just try and ask. Thanks.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:48 AM
JOdy

Just saw an article in one of my English magazines

Ells and Farrier, 20 Beak Street ,London W1F9RE Tel: 7629 9964

Mentions bone, glass ,crystal ,wood ,pearl etc including swarrovski cut-glass beads.
Hope it helps

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Linda

For beads...in Paris try La Droguerie, 9 rue du Jour (1st)/ Entree des Fournisseu , 8 rue des Francs Bourgeois (8th)...this one advertises 4000 kinds of beads.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:37 AM
Beader

Hi Jody & Linda
Thank you so much for the information on the two bead shops. I will check out your suggestions.

Have a nice day.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:12 AM
Linda

Thanks for the thanks. Forgot to say that while in Paris you could always try a flea market (there are several) for beads. They sell vintage clothing and linens so perhaps beads as well.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:16 AM
Lindsey

Another one in London is The Bead Shop (doh!) in Covent Garden: http://www.beadworks.co.uk - hope it has something of interest for you.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:42 AM
beth

I don't remember the name, but there is one in Paris on rue de Sevigne in the Marais. It is very close to the St. Paul metro stop.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:06 AM
Beader

hi Linda, Lindsey & Beth

I'm all set to hit the streets and check out your suggestions !

Lindsey, I saw the site for The Bead Shop at Convent Gdn, I can't wait to burrow my way thru the shop.

Thank you all.