beaches near Bremen

Search

beaches near Bremen

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beaches near Bremen

Are there any nice beaches near the city of Bremen? If so, how far away are they from the city by train? Thank so much.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:08 AM

Quebec-
How far are you willing to travel? The North Sea is also very cold and most people won't be on the beach until June at best. I would suggest Bremerhaven, or Cuxhaven, both about a half to a full hour away by train.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:08 AM

On the North Sea coast of Germany, most of the beaches are on the Frisian islands which lie off the coast. If you can manage only a day trip from Bremen, one option might be Cuxhaven. There is a web cam on
www.cn-online.de/Webcam.cfm
Trains to Cuxhaven can be checked on ww.bahn.de.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

I live in Mass so I'm used to not going in the water until at least July. I'm just looking for some nearby beaches to walk along. I may study in Germany and Bremen is one of the options. Being near the ocean is pretty important to me. The other option would be Hamburg but I think its probably the same situtation as to getting to a beach. Thanks though for your replys and more are welcomed!
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:45 AM

I am currently studying in Oldenburg, just 30 kilometers from Bremen. I took a trip to Bremerhaven the other day and was there in 30 minutes from Bremen Hbf. It is a nice town, and although is mostly a port, the beach is ok. The innenstadt is also 5 minutes from the beach in case you may want to do some shopping. The Ostfriedische and the Nordfreidische Islands are some of the nicest beaches in north Germany, although they take a few more hours to get to. Either way good luck with your studies and I hope you enjoy Germany as much as I do!!!
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Hey, Thanks. I have another quick question. Do you know how far away the Dutch boarder is from Bremen? Thanks
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 08:07 AM

From Bremen to the first Train stop in the Netherlands, Nieuweschans it is ca. 135 kilometers, or 2 hours by train. Also important, Amsterdam is ca. 4:40 hours by train from Bremen. All german train times are on www.bahn.de.

Chris
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:51 PM
hsv

quebec,

without wanting to be biased, do consider Hamburg. More spare-time value and beaches are much more easily accessible. Plus you have the choice of going to the North or Baltic Seas. Baltic Sea beaches (Timmendorfer Strand) take less than 40 min. to drive to usually and are just great in summers.
What are you studying?- Reputation of Bremen's university a bit dubious in some fields.

Old Apr 16th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

I was just going to take some German language classes at the Goethe Institute. Hamburg does seem nice. Actually, all of Germany seems nice!