beach sand for science fair

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message: My 3rd grade daughter is doing a science fair project on beach sands of the world. If anyone out there would be willing to send a sample of beach sand from a european beach we would be so grateful. It does not matter where it comes from.

Does anyone have a contact name of a hotel person or a person living on the beach that we could maybe mail an addressed envelope with a collection bag to? This is a strange request but you never know who might be out there and willing to help. Please let us know...We also asked the folks that check the caribbean, latin american, and australian boards.

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 11:49 PM

Assuming this is not a troll, I'd be happy to help. I live on the East coast of Scotland by the grey North Sea. Ina month's time, I'm off to the West and could send some Atlantic sand too (am I really saying this???
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 04:44 AM

I could send you some from the Belgian Northsea and am off to the Red Sea in Egypt early March. Could bring some home if you wish (I need some for my own collection, anyway). How big a sample does your daughter need?
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 06:03 AM

I responded on one of your other two threads that I would be happy to send some from the West Indies. You can email me at [email protected].

BTW - You can click on your screen name in blue at the top of this post and the rest of your threads with this request will come up. You have some responses on all three.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all so very much. We really appreciate your kindness. If you would really like to help, we would love anything that you could send. We need approx. 1/4 cup. Please email us at [email protected]. Again...thanks!
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 06:46 AM

klas, what a fabulous idea! And how kind of the international Fodor's community to help! For some stupid reason, I'm really touched by this post. Thanks!