bastille day dinner cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am travelling to paris with my daughter who will be celebrating her 25th birthday on bastille day - i was thinking of a dinner cruise - any thoughts?
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 07:41 AM

I posted about this on the other thread, with the name of the only company I found that does that (Bateaux Parisiens). IF Bateaux Mouches company does that, their web site is silent on the point (which I doubt).
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

yes - thank you - i afraid i'm new to this forum and didn't quite know how to work it - i did find bateaux mouches- which does have a cruise
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 11:39 AM

oh, I figured you were just posting on both discussions, as the other was about this.

Where did you find out that Bateaux Mouches has dinner cruises on Bastille Day at night to watch the fireworks? I looked all over their website and didn't see that. How much does it cost? I know they just have dinner cruises at night, but just expected some special web page section on that night, and that it would be a special price, if they had it.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

i just went on their website - i have received a confirmation for the dinner - it cost 125 euros per person - there were three price categories- i'll check when i get home - i can't access my email from work - board of education blocks
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:57 AM

I've never done one and have no desire to do so, but this board has been filled with reports from people who have done the dinner cruises and have reported that they wish they hadn't. They would have preferred having a GOOD dinner somewhere, then enjoying a cruise without the dinner. Do NOT expect a great dining exerience, first of all.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

christina
apparently i emailed the bateaux- mouches people - when you go to their website their is a link to contact them "info" - i asked if there were dinner cruises on bastille day - apparently - oui
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:56 PM

So they have dinner cruises on Bastille Day - but are they timed to see the fireworks? I doubt it, as the cruises usually end before midnight, and I think that's when the fireworks begin (at least that's where they begin all over the rest of France).

The only good reports about dinner cruises I've ever read were from people who paid for the very expensive Yachts de Paris cruises. Pretty much everyone else says it's a far better idea to have a good dinner in a nice restaurant and then just take a cruise. If the fireworks do indeed begin at midnight, you'd have ample opportunity to have a nice restaurant dinner and take a late-night cruise, though I'm still not convinced you can be cruising on the river while the fireworks are in action.

My own personal experience is so old at this point as to be worthless, but years ago I did take a dinner cruise on the Seine and it was probably one of the worst, most overpriced meals I've ever paid for in France. And it was made all the worse by a blaring commentary and loads of noise from passengers chatting loudly over the boat engines in numerous languages.
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 09:58 AM

oh I knew they had dinner cruises that day, but not special ones for the fireworks. The companies I named do have one for the fireworks; I believe their website says so. Well good luck I hope you get what you want. I know some people don't think they are that good a meal but I think this is rather a special situation and it would be worth it for that in comparison to the rowdy crowds or poor view elsewhere. If it were really for the fireworks.