Search

Bars in Moscow?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Jason

Bars in Moscow?

I booked my trip to Khabarovsk last night on Aeroflot I have an overnight in Moscow there and on the trip back. Are there any good clubs to go to there that are close to the airport? Anyone know of any that are safe? I've never had any problems in St Petersburg or Leningrad.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Marc David Miller

Try<BR><BR>www.exile.ru<BR><BR>for some current clubs. Which hotel are you using?

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Carson

Agree with Mark. Exile is a good, if not irreverent, source of current info and events. You can also try www. moscowout.com

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:05 PM
XXX

Not sure what hotel yet. Any suggestions?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Marc David Miller

It depends on your budget and where you want to stay (area-wise). Anything from the Rossiya to the Baltchug Kempinski

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:56 PM
carson

I stayed at Baltschug in late May and it was fine, really. I liked the fitness center a lot and the staff was very professional. But a Russian beer in the bar was $4 and a mixed drink anywhere from $9-$15. Internet access in the business center cost $8.60 for 15 minutes.<BR><BR>In other words, it was fine, but not cheap.<BR><BR>The only other complaint I really have is that, although the water is said to be undrinkable (very interesting chemical/metallic odor), the ONLY bottled water the hotel provides in the room is Evian in the mini-bar at four bucks a pop!! I thought that was pretty cheesy for a place that charges what they do for a room night. The solution was to buy a liter from a street vendor in Red Square. Think I paid about 20 roubles. Oddly enough, at the Kempinski Grand Hotel Europe in St. Pete housekeeping supplied plenty of bottled water at no charge. I thought Kempinski's St. Peterburg property was vastly superior to the Moscow property.