Reload this Page >

Neuilly area of Paris

Search

Neuilly area of Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 12:53 PM
kim

Neuilly area of Paris

Is anyone familiar with the Neuilly area of Paris? I understand it is right outside of Paris. Is this correct, and how long would it take to get to the center of Paris from Neuilly?<BR><BR>We have an opportunity to stay there for only about $50/night with friends who have hotel connections there. But if it's too far, it wouldn't be worth it.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:18 PM
elvira

If you are an old hand at Paris, Neuilly can work. If you're not, it's too far out - it's sort of boring 'burb in the evening. Unless you're getting a $300 room for $50, it's not worth it.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Greg W

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard Neuilly on our first trip to Paris 2 years ago(free stay on Marriott points) The area was very nice (residential, mostly) but was pretty invonvenient to get to the center of Paris. There was a Metro stop approx. 6 blocks from the hotel and several good restaurants nearby but, it was not a good "home base" to see the city. It was about a $9 cab ride to get to any of the sights or about a 20 minute ride on the Metro. We stayed in the 6th Arr on our next visit and were much happier being in the middle of things even though we spent alot more onthe hotel. Hope that helps!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Sharon

Kim,<BR>Neuilly is lovely and for the price a bargain but I think it is too far to be considered convenient. Unfortunately the metro is a distant option (I think there is only one stop in Neuilly)and Paris traffic is really congested making cab rides expensive and time consuming. My children go to school there and the town is sleepy both during the day ans especially at night making it out of the way from a tourists perspective.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:13 PM
kim

Thanks for the replies! After hearing from everyone, I think that we would be better off getting a place closer in town.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:41 PM
John G

I absolutely love Neuilly. My friend, Carmen, has an apartment on Blvd. Victor Hugo. When I stayed with her, sometimes I would walk to the Champs Elysees, taking about 45 minutes (but I thought it was no problem because of all the scenery along the way). Other times I would take the Metro at either Port Maillot or Les Sablons. <BR><BR>I think Neuilly is a spectaclar neighborhood with beautiful tree-lined streets, very quiet and peaceful. I would love to walk around and watch the kids play jump rope in the pretty parks.<BR><BR>I think you would really like Neuilly, Kim. The Metro is so easy to take.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Sherri

You could easily find somewhere to stay in the heart of Paris for the same amount of money and you could experience Paris at night when it's at it's best. I would definately reccomend RickSteves.com for any info on great places to stay on a budget.