Reload this Page >

Barcelona to Collioure

Search

Barcelona to Collioure

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 05:00 PM
margo

Barcelona to Collioure

After our ship docks, we plan to drive from the port in Barcelona to Collioure for a three night stay and return to Barcelona for three nights before returning to USA. Is this undertaking (drive) too ambitious? Can anyone recommend a 'cozy' hotel with a Mediterranean flare (and a balcony) facing the harbor in Collioure? Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Anthony

We have stayed twice at the "Casa Pairal". It is a converted Catalan mansion. It is about 200 yards from the beach.<BR><BR>Stay on the second floor ("premier etage"), not the ground floor. I do not think you can get a view of the sea from the hotel; a view a pleasant view of Collioure is possible.<BR><BR>If you are travelling in the summer parking is difficult. The Hotel uses a nearby public lot. Do not try to drive in to the hotel's narrow alley-way.<BR><BR>Madame DuBon the proprietor is very nice and helpful. Give her my regards.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Sue

Another vote for Casa Pairal--charming little place in a picturesque village.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Margo

Anthony and Sue,<BR><BR>Thanks for your advice. Casa Pairal it is...if they'll have me. <BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Margo

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Martine (belgium)

Collioure is nice pirate town. You have to see it. There is a forteress where the french elitetroups of the "l&eacute;gion &eacute;trang&egrave;re" stay and do exercices in the little city canal with boats. Nice for the tourists. I enjoyed id very much.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Margo

Thanks Martine...for the information on Collioure. The last time we were in the Provence area, we saw the French Foreign Legion in Aubagne....didn't know they were also in Collioure.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Martine

My pleasure... have a nice vacation!