Search

Barcelona, southern France and Southern Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona, southern France and Southern Spain

Hi all✌🏼,

There are 6 of us traveling to Spain and France for the first time at the end of May. wr have 3 weeks. Here’s our “itinerary” as of now:

5/24-29: Barcelona
*renting a car on the 28th and leaving Barcelona around 6am and going to France*
5/29: exploring Čze and Monaco. Staying in Nice for the night.
5/30: exploring Nice during the first part of the day and...

I’m thinking spending a few hours in Cannes then driving to Provence to spend two nights. We would love to see Montpellier as well. Two of my friends want to spend the night in Andorra. I think we will spend the whole day and night there on 6/3. On 6/4 we all have to be back in Barcelona in late morning. 3 or us are going home and 3 of us are flying to Ibiza for the night (strictly to party the night away). From there, we’re headed to southern Spain. We are meeting 2 others in Malaga.

My question to you all, what are must see cities/villages/landscapes/restaurants etc around the areas we will be in France and southern Spain. We want to avoid touristy. We will also have a car in southern Spain. We don’t mind taking day trips. We don’t have our flights home as of now. If we absolutely have to come home *eye roll* we’d fly home sometime on 6/14-6/16.
Old Jan 23rd, 2019, 08:27 AM

It's at least an 8-hour drive from Barcelona to Eze, assuming you'll need to stop once or twice. Why would you want to do this just for a couple of nights? You don't need or want a car in either Nice or Monaco, or Montpellier for that matter.

Not sure what you mean by "drive to Provence." Nice and Cannes are in Provence. So is Montpellier. Do you mean go inland? To where?

Then zoom back to Andorra? For what? The shopping malls? Cheap booze?

To Ibiza for one night?

Every place you have mentioned, with the possible exception of Montpellier, is super, super touristy.

You don't have time to see any other cities or villages. There are landscapes and restaurants of every imaginable kind all over.

I'm afraid none of this makes much sense to me at all.
Old May 12th, 2022, 08:34 AM

How was your trip? Did you prefer Barcelona or Nice/Eze/monoco ? Trying to decide right now how much time to spend in each of those places!
Old May 12th, 2022, 08:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Narbonne, Figueres, Girona, Minerve

Possibly Carcassonne
Old May 12th, 2022, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by bilboburgler
Narbonne, Figueres, Girona, Minerve

Possibly Carcassonne
Im not sure where any of those places are except Girona. I don't have much flexibility. Flying into nice at 8:30 am On May 29 and flying out of Barcelona at 7am June 5. So that is 6 almost 7 full days. Where would you spend them?
Old May 12th, 2022, 09:19 AM

Sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited by Sassafrass; May 12th, 2022 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old May 12th, 2022, 10:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dkdrasta
Im not sure where any of those places are except Girona. I don't have much flexibility. Flying into nice at 8:30 am On May 29 and flying out of Barcelona at 7am June 5. So that is 6 almost 7 full days. Where would you spend them?
Google Maps is your friend
Minerve was the Roman capital of the areaCarcassone is a fully fortified townNarbonne fascinating walled area, weird fresh water canal in salt tarn etcFigures think Dali
NIce has a nice old river dock area worth at least 4 hours. The odd large art gallery/museum and an esplanade. In all worth a night. Barcelona more like 4 days.

Last edited by bilboburgler; May 12th, 2022 at 10:21 AM.
Old May 12th, 2022, 12:14 PM

I think since you resurrected an old thread, you'll get answers to the original poster's question. You can send a private message to the OP, if you like, by clicking on her name and asking how the trip went. Otherwise, it may be unlikely the OP will notice her thread has new posts.