Reload this Page >

Barcelona or Madrid?

Search

Barcelona or Madrid?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 10:32 AM
marie

Barcelona or Madrid?

My husband and I are planning to go to Spain for the first time this summer for 1 week. We are bringing along our 12 year old son. Which would be a good start to see Spain, Madrid or Barcelona? Which would you think will a 12 year old boy enjoy? Thanks for any suggestion.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 10:36 AM
patg

A few days in Barcelona, then head for the beach. <BR>Madrid in summer = heat!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Julie

Barcelona has my vote! So much more to do and see than Madrid and overall, much nicer. Your son will probably like the Gaudi architecture (you probably will too).

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Monic

I vote for Barcelona as well.....Madrid is kind of a refined city so a 12 year old may not find it that interesting. It is also land locked so since your going to go during the summer it will be very hot. He will love the Gaudi buildings and the waterfron areas. He will also get a kick out of the colorful and famous market(can't recall the name now)

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 08:42 AM
sakis

BARCELONA,BARCELONA,BARCELONA!!!!I think i found there the most beautiful city in europe!Iwas there last Xmas but I think that summer will be even better!!!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Maggie

Again, Barcelona, it is a wonderful city with so much to offer.<BR>Enjoy your trip<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:35 PM
marie

Thanks for all your responses. We are going to Barcelona! Any suggestions for a good daytrip?