Barcelona or Madrid?

Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:42 PM
Brian

Barcelona or Madrid?

I am planning a trip to Spain at the end of May/early June and am planning on visiting Seville, Mallorca, and Barcelona. I am pretty much set on the first two, but I'm not sure if Barcelona or Madrid would be a better choice. Or maybe Valencia? Any advice?

Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:21 PM
Ron

Barcelona for sure!

Dec 24th, 2002, 05:13 AM
gina

I can't say that I loved either one of them but would probably go with Madrid and take a day trip to Toledo. Be sure and stop in Cordoba on the way up, I thought it was a highlight. I will be in the minority on this one because many people don't care for Madrid but for some reason I just didn't connect with Barcelona.

Dec 25th, 2002, 10:05 AM
lori

i'm with ron -- barcelona for sure!

Dec 26th, 2002, 09:11 AM
John

Hi Brian,

Barcelona is super, can't get enough of it.

Dec 26th, 2002, 12:26 PM
travel bug

Barcelona.

Dec 27th, 2002, 12:50 PM
laura

barcelona was fast paced, yet easy going, a great fussion of styles. I loved it. Madrid was more regal, baroque and a bit typical european grand city. I liked it too, but between the two, I'd go back to Barcelona.

Dec 27th, 2002, 02:26 PM
bkf

Barcelona...that time of year will be wonderful,and the recently redone Harbor area will be great for dinner.I see Barcelona as more of a walking/strolling city and you can grab a train up the coast for a quick beach visist if need be. Think Picasso,Gaudi,Miro but if the Old Masters are your taste -no better than the Prado in Madrid.

Dec 28th, 2002, 09:24 PM
xxx

madrid. i know barcelona is trendier and cooler, but madrid & its people are so very warm and friendly. i adore the city. barcelona is just close enough to france that the attitude has rubbed off on some natives! no offense, but if you must choose, madrid.