Barcelona hotels & sightseeing

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 10:24 PM
anna

Barcelona hotels & sightseeing

We are going to be flying into barcelona a day earlier before departing on our cruise. Does anyone have suggestions as to (i)hotels; (ii)are transfers provided by hotels (from airport to hotel, and from hotel to pier) as we have a large group travelling; (iii) key places to see in order to maximize our time there? We have been advised to stay in upper La Rambles but also cautioned about pickpocketers??

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 10:32 AM
anna

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Gregory

Hi anna,
There are a lot of hotels around Las Ramblas and the Barri Gothic but I do not konw if there are any transfer provided.
The Hilton is supposed to be good but it is to the north of Las Ramblas ( only a few minutes).

As to sights;
(1) Walk down Las Ramblas
(2) Visit the Barri Gothic
(3) Visit the Sargarda Familia ( designed by Gaudi)

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 07:51 PM
anna

Thank you for your suggestions..have you heard of hotel jardi and best western in barcelona?

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Barry

Hi Anna -

We have cruised in and out of Barcelona on several occaisions and have stayed in several locations... the best one... our favorite one... is the Citadines on La Rambla. It is an apartment hotel with mostly 2 room suites with a fully equipped kitchen. It is however no more costly than other Rambla hotels and in most case better priced. Last trip there was last March and we paid $129.00 per night for a great room in a great location. It is just down from Catalunya Square, across from the great city market and directly between 2 Metro stops/stations... you can walk around all the areas you want to see from there or hop on the Metro for places that you might consider too long to walk to. We found the hotel on line and booked on line, and we have now stayed there twice... nest time we go we'll stay there again gt;)

Barry

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 08:26 AM
rafael garcia

el mejor, más seguro, barato y práctico es el metro. Tiene estaciones en la Rambla.
Ojo con los taxis, si pueden te roban

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 01:16 PM
sue

Even if you are not that big into visiting cathedrals, you HAVE to go to the Sagrada Familia (and look at both sides of it - both sides are very different). It is so beautiful. Walk up the stairs inside if you are able to. The views and high up tiling that you see out the little windows is amazing.

Old May 12th, 2004, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the best way to get from Barcelona airport to our hotel in the Gothic quarter?
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:09 AM

Hi,

You can take the Aerobus from the airport to Placa Catalunya, which is near the Gothic quarter. It picks people up every 15 minutes or so, costs less than 4 euros if I recall correctly, and takes about 1/2 hour.

Karen
Old May 13th, 2004, 11:05 AM

If you are a group, consider getting a taxi, it's not that expensive. I think it cost me around €16-18 last time I did it (Liceu to the airport, as I only woke up at 10am and my flight departed at 11:15) If you get the bus, the Barri Gotic is just south of Placa Catalunya, you can walk or get the bus/metro 1 or 2 stops depending on your hotel location and bag situation. Watch out for pickpockets, especially if you are walking down the Ramblas with big bags.