Barcelona Day Spa: Please Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2006, 11:43 AM
mksmither

Hi-

Does anyone know of a good day spa in Barcelona? A friend and I are traveling there next month and would like to do a spa day as part of our trip. Thanks.

Old Oct 16th, 2006, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mksmither,
If you're looking for total luxury, the Hotel Arts (a Ritz Carlton) has just added a Six Senses Spa on the 42 and 43th floors of the hotel with panoramic views of the city. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure spa services are very pricey besides being totally pampering. You can book at www.ritzcarlton.com
The new Hotel Princess Barcelona at the end of the Diagonal Sur also has a luxury spa.
www.hotelbarcelonaprincess.com/es/spazone.php

I'm sure there are other less expensive options. Now you need laclaire's help, who is a Barca resident.
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 07:54 AM

mkismither- what are you looking for exactly? There are quite a few places in the city that do massages and nails and such, but if you are looking for one of those whole day, lunch served types of things, you are better of checking hotels or going to the Vichy spa in nearby Caldes de Malavella (highly recommended!).

The only one that I have heard about from a client (not a lot of my friends are spa goers) is the Gran Hotel la Florida, which is supposed to be exceptional. I ride my bike past a place called Sol y Agua on Pau Clarís (very centrally located) every day and often wonder about what is inside. They have a website solyagua.net and the prices seem quite reasonable, though as a "balneario urbano," I would not expect it to be as much of an escape as a hotel spa.
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 12:00 PM
mksmither

Thank you so much. This is really helpful. Any other thoughts would be really appreciated too, especially if anyone knows of any off the beaten path activities for Barcelona or Madrid. We're planning to do all of the normal stuff -- Picasso, Sagrada, Prado, etc. -- but would love other ideas too.

Old Oct 17th, 2006, 12:04 PM

If you enjoy a spa experience, you would enjoy the Arab baths and tea house at Medina Mayrit in Madrid.
www.medinamayrit.com/