Barcelona BusTuristic

Search

Barcelona BusTuristic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona BusTuristic

Has anyone ridden on this tourist bus? Thoughts? We'll be there in July. Too hot to ride this double-decker bus in the summer? A/C on the bottom level? Also, is the ticket good for both the Northern and Southern lines? Thanks
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 12:41 AM

I think the bus is a good way to get a general overview of the city. I don’t believe there is any air-conditioning at all, plus you get a much better view from upstairs. Even if it is very hot, you will be moving and be in open air so it should be liveable. Bring a hat and a bottle of water.

The ticket is good for all circuits. Take a look at tmb.net (click on to the English version). This will give you route maps and prices.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 03:21 AM

The bus allowed us to visit most of the touristic sites that are not within walking distance from our hotel in the Placa Catalunya area and which we wanted to visit. It allows for hop-on and hop-off. No A/C. It is a good deal and less stressful than trying to find your own way to the sites.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 06:33 AM

i must be wrong, but i thought the barcelona bus had two different routes. you could buy a combination ticket for both, or use your ticket on one.

it is GREAT. i put all my tourist friends on it.

i like to take the entire tour to farthest point, then get off where you like there.. and work your way back with/without bus on and off. the two day ticket is a good deal if they still offer it.

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 06:59 AM

If I recall correctly, lincasanova is correct, there's a blue line and a red line for the bus. It's a pretty good system that you hop on and off and it takes you all over the city. You can pick it up at any number of spots but I believe it starts at the top of Los Ramblas.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 07:19 AM

it even stops outside front of sants station so if you are just arriving, you can actually use it to get closer to your hotel if you haven't too much lugage!

barcelona is soooo spread out, it is a real bargain just to take it all the way around once!
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 06:18 PM

There were two different companies doing tourist buses last May. One is an orange bus with has one big loop of a route (we met some people who took this one and it was loooooong.)

We took the one mentioned above with the blue and the red lines. There was a third line last year for the Forum 2004 events. It looks like that is running again this summer: http://www.tmb.net/en_US/turistes/bu...esiparades.jsp

It is particularly helpful for getting you to Parc Guell and some other far flung sites. My husband and brother in law got a little restless, as that red route does cover a lot of ground. We sat on top, which was great in May, bring a hat for summer. Great views, especially of the Modernista architecture as you are up off street level. As I mention on an earlier post, we did this on a Monday and one of our travel stories we retell over a nice bottle of cava is hearing over and over, "To your left you will see blah blah blah, but it is closed. Today is Monday." "To your right you will see the blah blah blah, but it is Monday and it is closed." So unless you only want a bus trip around the city, don't go on a Monday .
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 07:33 PM

We just returned from Barcelona today; used the BusTuristic for one day only; the pass is good for all three routes so you just have to pick and choose what you want to see. It also will give you a coupon book for discounts on things like Sagrada Familia. We used the subway for our last three days - easy, convenient and will probably be A/C in the spring/summer.