Barcelona aparttment

Oct 26th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Barcelona aparttment

My husband and I are going to be traveling in Barelona next April with another couple. We think the most economical thing to do would be to rent an apartment together. The man of the other couple found a lead to an apartment near (or on?) Las Ramblas. I know that's central and lively, but are we likely to be bothered by noise at night?

If not that area, what are some other recommended areas--convenient but not zoo-y?

If the one he knows of falls through, any recommendations for an apartment rental service? There seem to be quite a few on the web!

Thanks.

Liz
Oct 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM
stevefrat

We had an excellent experience with Loving Barcelona (www.lovingbarcelona.com). I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

FYI, we stayed here: http://www.lovingbarcelona.com/Barce...ment_7135.html

Oct 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM

We had a great experience last May with Oh Barcelona--they have apartments all over town. Ours was in the Borne and we liked the area very much. Their apartments are also rated by past renters...

I would not want to stay anywhere near Las Ramblas--total tourist trap imho. Good luck!
Oct 26th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the rental tips.

Kathyl--where is the Borne area? What is it like?

Liz
Oct 26th, 2006, 05:25 PM

The Borne is between metro Jaume 1, the zoo and Barcelonetta. This is where the Picasso Museum and the Santa Maria Del Mar Cathedral are located. It's a super cool area with hip boutiques, cool restaurants, and funky shops. Our apartment was only half a block from metro Jaume 1 and we essentially walked EVERYWHERE. We were traveling with our 1 year old son so we knew we needed to be very centrally located so that we could get back for his naps. FYI, it was about a 10 minute walk to Las Ramblas...

good luck.
Mar 15th, 2007, 04:21 AM

Hi,
I don't know if its too late.
I just returned from barcelona, rented one apartment for one week in March using:
www.gobcn.com
Area was Gothic Quarter, they helped us to find it using the help online tool, it was a great experience.

Regards
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Hi--It's not too late--our trip has been postponed until October. So thanks!

Liz
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:36 PM

I stayed in an appt right accross the Piccasso Museum in El Bourne and it was beautiful and affordable.

Do a google search for Piccasso Appartments Barcelona, very useful site. (I can't remember the address from last year though)
Apr 20th, 2007, 03:23 AM

Hello Liz

there are some areas in Las ramblas that arenīt so noisy as you think...I recommend apartments that are rented by cocoonbarcelona.com. Their website is very nive and informative and the apartments they offer are really nice and well-furnitured. I stayed in one at Plaza Real a 19th century place with palmtrees. I had a fantastic view. Incredible. So I highly recommend that property rental, a good alternative to hotels I think.