Barcelona Apartments

Search

Barcelona Apartments

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona Apartments

I'd like any recommendations on apartments in Barcelona. I'd like to be convenient to the "hop-on-off." Apartments seem to be a great deal compared to hotels. We are travelling with two 18-year old grandchildren in June. Also, in one of the threads, there was mention from Baldworth to not stay in Gothic Quarter, with no reason given. Looking at city maps it's a puzzling comment. Any advice there?
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 08:58 AM

Not sure if you've already found something, but we just spent a week in this apt, http://www.vrbo.com/global/siteFrame...turnurl=/49766 (Valencia A) and loved it. The subway was just 2 blocks away and the area is very safe. I'm not sure why someone made the comment about the gothic quarter, but the 2 times I've gone to Barcelona, I've always enjoyed staying in L'Eixample. It's a little quieter and less touristy. Have fun!
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
We also just came back from a week in Barcelona, where we stayed in this apartment:

http://www.habitatapartments.com/pedrera.htm

It is a one bedroom apartment with two sofas in the living room where the kids could sleep. Just a block from the Pedrera apartment by Gaudi, which is a stop on the bus turistic.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:13 AM

We currently live in Villablino which is in the Norh of Spain. Having kids when we travel we look for family friendly lodging.

Last time I was in Barcelona we stayed at the Tasmanian Apartments managed by Hostal residencia Australia. http://www.residenciaustralia.com

I am from Australia and I was attracted by the name. Their apartment units are pretty nice and the location is absolutley awesome, just of the Ramblas near Plaza Catalunya with good bus train and subway transports
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:14 AM

We currently live in Villablino which is in the Norh of Spain. Having kids when we travel we look for family friendly lodging.

Last time I was in Barcelona we stayed at the Tasmanian Apartments managed by Hostal residencia Australia. http://www.residenciaustralia.com

I am from Australia and I was attracted by the name. Their apartment units are pretty nice and the location is absolutley awesome, just of the Ramblas near Plaza Catalunya with good bus train and subway transports.

This location is about the best you can get. Check it out.

Frank
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 01:07 PM

cd75,

I'm interested in hearing more about the apartment you rented. I checked out the website and it looks great. Was the apartment close enough to walk to most places or did you take the subway? Was there any great restaurants or places for breakfast nearby? I'm still trying to figure out where or which neighborhood would be the best to stay in.

Thank you!
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 05:17 AM

My family (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed in this apartment in Feb. It was very comfortable and there is a metro stop across the street from the entrance to the apartment building. On the metro it was one stop to the Passeig de Gracia and Catalunya Square.

http://www.habitatapartments.com/tessa.htm

I would not hesitate to stay there again. Great experience with Habitat and comfortable, convenient rental unit.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 10:20 AM

wjh1,

Glad to hear about your good experience -- our family will be staying in Tessa this June. Were there any great cafes or restaurants nearby that you would recommend? Any other pleasant surprises in the neighborhood, that you hadn't expected?
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 08:58 AM

There's nothing wrong with staying in Gotico, maybe Baldworth mentioned it because if you end up walking down a narrow dark and empty street at night you may get a bit paranoid. This is the same in most cities of the world tho. Gotico is a great base for exploring Barcelona, its full of tourists because theres so much to see. In my experience, staying in an apartment is the best option because you eat from home and the suprmarkets are cheap. Have a look at www.way2stay.com, I think they have the biggest selection of nice places and there's a city map, easy to read, with great descriptions about each area to help you decide where you want to be..
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 09:01 AM

We went a few years ago and booked through www.oh-barcelona.com. Apartment was fantastic - no complaints whatsoever. I would highly recommend them.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 09:02 AM

forgot to mention that we stayed in the Barrio Gotic and found it to be a brilliant location. That comment confuses me!
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 10:52 AM

We used oh-barcelona.com last May for a 3 bedroom apartment in El Borne. Great location, fantastic service, much more room than a hotel.
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 03:25 AM

My advice is cocoonbarcelona.com. I stayed twice with them and was really satisfied. Tehy have nice apartments in the center and nearby the barceloneta beach. Their webiste is really good... So have a look on their apartments there...

Saludos Maria