Bar/Club suggestions with a younger crowd

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This fall I will be traveling to Paris solo. Anyone have any reccomendations as to what bars/clubs I should visit. I'll be 22 and am a male. I'd like to check out ones that arent too exclusive where they wont let you in, but one that is kinda trendy

Thanks
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 10:56 PM

Cafe Charbon on rue Oberkampf in the 11th arrondissement. The whole eastern end of that street is a trendy night scene, and Cafe Charbon is where it started. It will be jammed. Have fun.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
you might also want to read/post on www.lonelyplanet.com on their BB called The Thorn Tree, Western Europe branch. It's similar format to Fodors but with many more younger experienced travelers there.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:49 AM
ira

Hi P,

Also consider Caveau de Huchette and Caveau des Oubliettes.

PS. I wouldn't join any club that would let me in.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 04:32 PM

There are a couple clubs on the Champs-Elysee (their name escapes me) that are quite popular throughout the week. Usually they only let men in if they have "female company." The Buddha Bar at the end of the Champs Elysee near the American Embassy is also quite a happening place, beware drinks are unbelievably expensive, you're better off sharing a bottle with people than ordering individual drinks.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 04:46 PM

Most young French people don't buy "individual drinks" when they go out. They buy one drink ... period. The price is the reason.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

What about any gay clubs. One's that aren't trashy/sleazy and cater to a younger crowd. Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Thanks
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 10:27 PM

Gay clubs per se are normally one nighters, you'll get plenty of up to date information on the free weeklies such as Illico or E-male. These are available in all gay or gay friendly bars and shops on rue des Archives and rue Sainte Croix de la Bretonnerie in the 3rd arrondissement(métro Hôtel de Ville). Non sleazy bars in this area : l'Open Café, le Cox, le Raidd, les Marronniers.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 06:21 AM

What about "Queen" at 102 ave des Champs Elysees..?
www.queen.fr/

My copy of "Paris Directions" lists these venues:

<>Le Mixer - in the Marais
"...tiny little bar but a very lively one, with a DJ mixing it up from a pulpit-like platform, lots of stylish lighting and a friendly, gay/lesbian/bi/straight crowd..."

<>Amnésia Café in the Marais
"...The most relaxed and upmarket gay venue in the city, affecting a cosy, sofa-filled Friendsvibe by day and lots of cocktail-fuelled bonhomie at night..."

<>Le Pulp - near Grands Boulevards
"...There’s something very different about this lesbian-run, mostly mixed club. It’s friendlier, more laid-back and yet trendier than many others in Paris – and it plays
the best music..."
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 06:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Type in 'gay clubs Paris' or the like on a Google search. Since you want both young + gay I'm guessing there are resources better than here for this question. Like Lonely Planet as I already suggested which has a gay branch as well as a europe branch. Not that some nice folks here might not have some answers, but young gay posters are not in large supply here on Fodors is my impression. kindly, s.