bancotel vs. talonotel

Search

bancotel vs. talonotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bancotel vs. talonotel

seems like the new webpage for bancotel.com is not as user-friendly as the new spin-off called www.talonotel.com.

don't know what posessed them to try to improve a good thing.

talonotel also includes the tax already, BTW.

just FYI.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:35 AM
rex

Really? I keep getting an "error inesperado" - - my registration seems to have gone through - - I received an e-mail, but the completion step results in this error.

Have you successfully registered?

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

rex, i have to admit i never have registered for either site.

i know i have friends who have on bancotel, but not sure about talonotel.

i have just gotten fed up with the "back " button being at the bottom of the page on bancotel, and i guess the first few weeks had so many quirks i just got into talonotel.

i see what is available and then buy vouchers at TA, after checking if hotel has any other special offers incl. breakfast.

Old Aug 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM

Just FYI,
I'm registered at both and check each site regularly for great deals. Just spent the day doing this, so I thought I would add some notes about working with both programs.

The spin-off www.talonotel.com was founded by the Alonso family, the creators of Bancotel. Because of disagreements with the other shareholders, they decided to leave and start yet another voucher program, the Talonotel offering 2,000+ hotels in 30 countries, much like their first enterprise.

If you find a great rate on either Bancotel or Talonotel and don't want to commit to buying complete booklets of vouchers before you leave for Spain, particularly because you need an uneven number and don't want vouchers left over (even though they're valid for 2 years), you can now buy them INDIVIDUALLY once you arrive in Spain.

You can make your reservation on line, then once in Spain, buy your individual vouchers, as few or as many as you need, before going to your hotel. But to do so, you need address of the agencies where you can purchase them.

Individual Bancotel vouchers are sold at all Viajes Iberia travel agencies across the country. For agency addresses, see
www.viajesiberia.es
At bottom of page, click on "Quienes somos", then on "Direcciones oficinas". Then click on the map to find agencies nearest your 1st destination.

For the new Talonotel vouchers, as of July, they are now sold individually at all Viajes El Corte Inglés agencies, both the agencies within the El Corte Inglés department stores and the free-standing agencies, all over Spain.
For a list, go to www.elcorteingles.es, click on "viajes", then at the very top of page click on "agencias", then select your location from the map.

At Viajes Iberia offices, there is a small service charge of 3 euros for purchasing individual coupons, but well worth the slight charge.

Hope this helps!

Old Aug 27th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

maribel.. great job.
i had mentioned to a friend that this talonotel site was so much like the origianl bancotel site that it must have been a disgruntled partner.

so good to have it back on track.
such great deals there!

thanks for update. i imagine corte ingles will also charge service fee.. correct?
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM

Hi lin,
Yes, ECI will probably add on a slight fee. They still sell Bancotel but ONLY in coupons, and they long, long ago discarded their own Bonotel program.

The press says the industry coupon leaders are Bancotel, Talonotel (very telling, since it's been around such a short time) and Hotel Color, the program of Mundi Color. I don't use the latter-can't get their page to work for me, maybe it's my mac.
www.hotelcolor.es
It doesn't have an English page.
Hotel Color sells 2 booklets: 1 for 120, with 12 coupons at 10 euros each; another for 300, 30 coupons worth 10 each. They've come out with a new electronic card as well (like a Starbucks card), which is rechargeable. But you need to purchase at travel agencies.

It's too bad that bancotel isn't as user friendly, but luckily talonotel has nicely taken its place!