Reload this Page >

Baldo degli Ubaldi area?

Search

Baldo degli Ubaldi area?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Jennie

Baldo degli Ubaldi area?

I am looking at several apartments as possible rentals for my trip to Rome next year. One of the ones I like the looks of the best is described as being located "two minutes from the new Baldo degli Ubaldi metro stop." Can anyone tell me anything about this area? Would you recommend staying there? Is it too far out to be practical for a group of first-timers (we're all in our late-20s/early 30s)on a fairly typical, touristy, sight-seeing expedition?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any information you can give me!<BR><BR>Jennie

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 08:57 AM
ttt

Topping . . .<BR>

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Michelle

I have never heard of this stop: I checked all my Rome maps and cannot find it- but it could be a newer stop than my maps have. Therefore it seems not to be very central to the sites. Stay in the near the sites- Piazza Navona, etc. Consult a good guide book.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Michelle

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Michelle

PS--For first timers, the Rick Steves books would probably work well. He keeps thing simple and step by step.<BR><BR>

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Jennie

Thanks Michelle.<BR><BR>It is a brand new stop. Supposedly just opened earlier this year.<BR><BR>Jennie<BR><BR>

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Michelle

Jennie:<BR><BR>We were in Rome in 1994 and stayed near the Vatican at Hotel Alimandi. It worked well for us since we wanted to spend lots of time at St. Peter's. <BR><BR>I will be leaving in two weeks for Italy again and will be staying near the Piazza Navona. We missed out on this area last time. Good luck with your planning!!!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Michelle

Jennie:<BR><BR>I just did a text search for Ubaldi - and came up with several topics. I topped this one for you: Rome subway directions.<BR><BR>It appear Ubaldi is the end of the line, past the vatican. Not very central but could be handy with the metro near by.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Jennie

Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies! <BR><BR>Jennie