Baking schools in and around Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone help me source out a Bakery school in or around Paris? I know Poilane has one, but can't find any details about it when I surf the net.

Any help would be so appreciated, many thanks!
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 02:10 PM

Have you tried the main Poilane website?

If not, here it is
www.poilane.fr
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I did try, but there isn't any information.
Old Dec 20th, 2003, 04:10 AM

Try the Le Cordon Bleu in Paris they have a website http://cordonbleu.net/ I have attended there courses in the past .
Old Dec 20th, 2003, 06:35 AM

I'm not really that experienced in this area, but I haven't heard of any bakery having classes to the public. That doesn't mean they don't, but I've never heard of Poilane doing that and if they did, I think their web site would say so. I think I've heard of some classes for their own employees, perhaps, and I know many other cooking schools will schedule a visit to Poilane as part of their syllabus. I know various places that have cooking schools may have some days or sessions devoted to pastry, for example--Cordon Bleu, Ritz Escoffier, Patricia Wells, etc. www.shawguides.com has some listings of international cooking schools.

In France, I think the Institut National de Boulangerie Patisserie does that and they do have classes for non-professionals or short sessions of 1-2 weeks. They are in Rouen, not Paris, however. I think their classes may be only in French, but you could check with them or maybe write to ask them if they know about any in Paris or about Poilane.

http://www.inbp.com/
Old Dec 20th, 2003, 06:52 AM

I too had read somewhere about Poilane offering classes, but perhaps they've been discontinued.

www.ritzparis.com, after several clicks, will get you to info on the Ritz-Escoffier cooking classes, which include pastry-making
Old Dec 20th, 2003, 10:36 AM

Voila, I found some Parisian boulangerie schools from a French professional web site:

Ecole de Boulangerie et de Patisserie de Paris in the 12th arr. (this is for professionals, but they have some diplomes for special course)

Thierry Meunier in the 18th (this looks like internships in his bakery, but can be only a few days)
http://www.boulangerie.net/meunier/

Ecoles Ferrandi in St-Germain. This looks like a general vocational school for cooking/baking trades, but it does say they have courses for "adults" which usually means short-term brushup or extra skill courses
http://www.egf.ccip.fr/
http://www.ebp-paris.com/
Old Dec 20th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the information everyone. I know Poilane do classes, because I have read to articles about it, but have misplaced them! I shall e-mail them and ask for the info.

Thank you again!
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 10:41 AM

Bonne idee!

Why don't you post back what you find out from them, if you could? I'd be interested in knowing about that if they do.
Old Dec 25th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Original Poster

I have found out Poilane have cancelled their bread baking classes. I'm not sure why. But I shall be trying the other schools.

Thank you for your help,