Search

Baggage checks since 9/11

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2003, 04:24 PM
PJK
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baggage checks since 9/11

I have heard here and there that baggage checks in train station are a thing of the past. Is that true for smaller stations as well as stations in large cities? Specifically I would like to stop at several towns between Milan and Venice, but I don't want to cart my bag arround. I won't be staying in each city, so I can't leave it at a hotel. Thanks. PK
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:08 AM
PJK
Original Poster

TTT. I would really like an answer to this question if anyone can help. I have several days I would like to "play by ear" but will need a place to stash my small bag in order to enjoy seeing a town. PK
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:18 AM

Try re-phrasing the question as "are there left luggage facilities in train stations in small Italian towns."
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:44 AM

<BR>I think you will be able to find storage lockers or baggage check: I was in Como train station last week and Turin station this week and both had bag checks.<BR><BR>I know they are still available in most of the Swiss train stations - don't think Italy is as different.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 07:24 AM

Most Italian stations had manual left luggage offices, rather than lockers. The lockers were closed last year, but I think manual left luggage offices are still functioning at all main stations. Staff at small stations may have limited working hours, so you cannot take left luggage for granted. The only way to be sure which stations offer it is to ask or to phone. France and the UK are the most difficult countries for left luggage as very few stations offer anything.