Baden- Baden/ Black Forest

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am visiting this area for 5 nights in Mid April and want to stay 2or 3 nights in Baden Baden itself, please let me have and suggestions of a reasonable priced/centrally based guesthouse or hotel and also recommendations of things to do.
I intend hiring a car to see the Black Forest so additional information re pleaces to stay and visit would be welcome
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 04:57 AM

We stayed at Hotel Ulmar in Baden-Baden. Centrally located, easy to walk to any place in the city. Baden-Baden was one of my favorite places on our vacation. Be sure to go to the roman bath, it is awesome!
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 04:58 AM

Sorry I misspelled the name of the hotel it is Hotel Colmar.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 05:19 AM

What do you mean by reasonably priced? 100€ per night? Less? 150€? Check the www.hotels.de website for some rates. The Quellenhof is a nice 4-star hotel on a pretty street near the Caracalla baths...they often have specials. They also have underground parking if you plan to have the car while staying in BB.
The Hotel Beeg is also quite nice, on the corner of a pedestrian street and a stone's throw from the Caracalla. Hotel Beeg also has one of the town's best pastry shops and does excellent value lunch specials. We make a point of eating there every time we're in BB (at least 3x a year). Not as well known as Hotel Colmar, but I think it's a better property. I would actually pick that over the Quellenhof.
http://www.hotel-beeg.de/eng/welcome.html
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

I also stayed in the Colmar Hotel, nothing exceptional but I got a good deal through the Baden Baden tourist web site.

Hoetl in on the main thoroughfare and you can walk to most places in the town centre.

When we were there in April the main door was locked at 8pm but we were given a front door key to come and go as we pleased.

The town is beautiful so well kept, flowers everywhere and spotlessly clean.

WE hired a car and drove into the Balck Forest which I would recommend if you have a few days, driving is easy and there is a multi-storey car park beside the hotel ( not part of the hotel) , I think it cost us € 8 per day i.e $ 12.

Enjoy your trip