Back from LocandaBarbarigo

Apr 26th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Toni

Back from LocandaBarbarigo

Hello!
Just got back from our Venice trip and had a great time. We did stay at the Locanda and thought it was beautiful. They are still fine tuning things and doing a little light construction about the doorways. The room with the canal room was really great. The bathrooms are beautiful. (Face towels are not supplied and neither is Shampoo or Conditioner.) Breakfast is served from 9:00AM to 10:00AM, thus making a late start to the day for visitors. The Giulietta Room is up an additional flight of stairs and one must walk through a room that could be an adjoining room which has two twin beds.
If anyone has questions, please ask. Got to go back to work now.

Apr 26th, 2002, 11:08 AM
elaine

Toni
Please see today's other posting on the Barbarigo.
I for one would love some more details on price, location, etc. Elevator to get to the rooms? Breakfast?
A/c? Front desk 24 hours?

Apr 26th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Toni

Elaine,
I just posted a reply to the Kiki post,and a very detailed one at that!
I forgot to tell you that the room was 135 Euros/125 Euros if paying by cash (which seems is all you can do). There is air-conditioning. It was cool when we were there and so we used the heat. Hope this helps you.

Apr 26th, 2002, 10:46 PM
Catherine

I have been reading this thread with interest. My husband and I have reservations at the Hotel Galleria in August, but that hotel does not have air conditioning, and so I'm considering changing. Does this pensione have as good a location as the Hotel Galleria?

Apr 30th, 2002, 10:03 AM
kiki

Hi Catherine,

You can't beat the location of Locanda Barbarigo. It is 2 blocks from the Gritti Palace, where the Gigli Vaparetto stop is. This stop is one stop from the St. Marks and Accademia Vaparetto stops. It is a 10 minute walk to St. Mark's Square, a 10-15 minute walk to the Accademia, a 15 minute walk to the theatre district, and is a 1/2 block in from the main canal, on its own little canal. The gondola tours that leave the Gritti Palace in the morning go right past the hotel, so you can hear the gondolier singing in the morning!

Plus, Christina, the hostess, had the best apricot-stuffed croissants ever - I am craving one right now..... Toni, didn't you love these?