Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bachelor party in Dublin/Glaskow, need suggestions!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are taking the groom to Dublin and Glaskow for his bachelor party. We would love suggestions on the following topics. 1) Are there any suggested Male Entertainment Hot Spots where the groom will enjoy? 2) Are there any suggestions with good/inexpensive hotels near nightlife in Glaskow or Dublin? 3) Considering we only have three days in each of the two cities are any near by towns that that are know for it's pubs and nightlife (incldg. Male Entertainment establishments). 4) We aren't big on sightseeing but are there any close by sights we definitely need to see?
Thanks - Happy Traveling!
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 11:28 PM

I haven't a clue what a "Male Entertainment Hot Spot" is, but I suggest, with all due humility and lack of pedantry, that you learn the name of the second largest city in the UK before you get here. If you pronounce it as badly as you spell it, I withdraw my comments on safety made on your other thread
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 11:59 PM

Try Glasgow for starters dear.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:01 AM
JonJon

Try m-kingdom instead..I hear it's the absolute BEST in the UK!

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:25 AM

Look, I will tell you where to drink, eat etc but I have no interest in telling you where the lap dancing clubs are, you will find them if you want and they are not open all day. Are you American or British? I ask as there may be different pubs you would enjoy.

A word of warning. Stags were "unofficially" banned from Temple Bar for a while as it was getting out of hand. If you just want to drink for the three days stay in Temple Bar. Cheap hotels...look up other posts that myself and others have placed for cheap hotels in safe areas.

Close sights would be fun is the dublin viking tour that is a subaqua truck that goes around the city and into the water on way back. Would be fun for a stags or the guinness tour. Great view at the bar in the end of the whole city.

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:40 AM

You may have trouble booking a hotel, depending on the size of your party. Many hotels in Dublin don't allow groups of single men or single women, because it's become such a hotbed of stag and hen nights that get out of control.

And here I thought that many men were getting a little more creative these days than simply going to Male Entertainment establishments.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:49 AM

I thought so too Ann. These places did not exist when I first moved here and now its like NY/NJ. I laugh when I see the sopranos and the club satin Dolls in it. No one used to believe me when I told them its a real place (I used to drive by it on the way to NYC, its my only knowledge of it! whew)

As for stage if there is only a few it should be ok. 20 guys....probably not and to be honest where you are from makes a difference too. There has been too many fights and one poor guy dead from stags fighting in hotels and wrecking the place. Many places stopped booking them as its not worth the money. I am not trying to put you off just be aware.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:00 AM

For Male Entertainment Hot Spots in Glasgow, Rangers play at Ibrox Stadium and Celtic at Celtic Park.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:45 PM

Bloody hell! You think THAT's entertainment??!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:44 PM

I spoke to my male friend in Dublin and he said there are no full fledged removal of the clothing establishments that he knew of in Dublin but some places where females dance "close" to your lap. One he mentioned was:

Angels 38 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2

I suppose it's not in the best form to answer such a question but I live in the lap dancing capital of the States so it's a normal question here.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:11 PM

Sheila, its male entertainment!
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:34 AM

You can always find what you are looking for. Just be aware that a few of these places have been raided recently for either having the wrong lisence or the ladies were illegal immigrants and the owner never paid tax and had a massive stash of cash etc. etc. Some things never change where you go in the world. And I never thought these places would last here
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:34 PM

Steady now, Sheila.......

On this occasion (& on this occasion only) I'm prepared to let you off in view of your excellent reply to m_kingdom on the Hilton question!

Purely in the interests of sticking to our remit of helping fellow Fodorites when they ask for advice I can confirm that there are a couple of (ahem)"Male Entertainment Hot Spots" in Glasgow. I can't vouch for how "good" they are, however, as I've never set foot inside them - & I'll sue anyone who says otherwise.

There's one named Legs & Co. which is just off St. Enoch Square & there's another called The Truffle Club which is in Drury St., just round from Central Station. Actually, The Truffle Club is directly opposite one of Glasgow's most famous bars, The Horseshoe, which is definitely worth a visit - especially if you're on a stag night (sorry...bachelor party).

I agree with Sheila's posting elsewhere that safety shouldn't really be a problem, but as we know the combination of groups of young men & too much alcohol can be pretty volatile in many big cities at night & Glasgow is no different. Just be careful out there.

Jim