Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

BA Bag Check-in Still Available at Victoria for Gatwick?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen conflicting reports as to whether one can still check bags in at Victoria Station for British Airways when leaving from Gatwick. One thing I saw said it is being discontinued on March 31st and another thing said it is already closed.<BR><BR>We are departing London on March 22nd, and were figuring whether to take the Gatwick Express to the airport and check bags in at Victoria or get a car to pick us up and take us to the airport. Assuming it's still open on March 22nd, do you know whether they also issue a boarding pass for BA at the same time (so we can avoid all the check-in lines at the airport)? How much time would you allow to be at the airport in advance if we can check in at Victoria?<BR><BR>Thanks for your input. This forum hasn't failed me yet!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:55 AM

Their website no longer shows a checkin desk at Victoria, only at Paddington. Too bad as checking the bagage and getting your boarding pass while still in London made it a lot easier!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply, moonbeam. That's what's got me stumped. The BA website no longer lists it as a check-in facility, but a news item on their frequent flyer newsletter states that it will be closed the end of March.<BR><BR>Has anyone used the check-in facility at Victoria Station recently?
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 10:52 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the BA Check in at Victoria Station, closed in March 2002.<BR><BR>
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

That's disappointing, but at least I got my answer.<BR><BR>I guess all the guide books will have to revise that information now.<BR><BR>Thanks, Jacqui!